Mini Schooling show in Rhode Island

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marles

Reaction score
Heading to our first miniature horse show in Foster, RI on August 4th and was wondering if anyone else in the New England area was going. What should I get for my son to wear? He is going into the Special Needs classes and curious if anyone has had experience with these. How many are generally signed up for them? Can I sign him up for some of the Youth classes (13-18) as well? They have barrell racing, what should I expect? Sorry for all the questions, but I want to make his first mini show a success and good experience.
default_smile.png

Thank you.

just wanted to say good luck to you!! that is wonderful. I hope someone can answer and offer some suggestions.

If it is the schooling show run by Equine Events... We went to the one in Maine a few weeks ago and it was very laid back. Some of the people didn't even wear any kind of show clothes in the performance classes. The barrels is just running the traditional barrel pattern with the horse in hand (If it is the same show we did). I did it mostly at the trot (I got him to canter at the end) and I won!
default_smile.png
Of course there was only one other person in it! I would think that if he is in the youth age group, he could also enter those classes. Enjoy it!

Yes! We are going, I'm a 4H leader for the Mini Whinnies 4-H club and we usually bring a whole group of kids. I have one who shows in the special needs classes, she'll be thrilled to have some competition! Overall the shows are a ton of fun and the judges are great with the kids. They love the barrel racing, it's timed so they just run the pattern as fast as they can . He can wear dark pants, cowboy boots or paddock boots and some type of button down long-sleeved shirt. You can sign him up for some of the youth classes as well, I think the best way to learn is just to get out there and do it, there are always plenty of people willing to give you direction. Looking forward to seeing you there! If you are looking for some other fun shows ,Bristol county 4-H runs a show series with mini classes , you don't need to be a 4H member as all the classes are open classes. http://www.bc4hhorseshows.webs.com/. Not sure how far it is for you, they're held in Lakeville, MA.

Great! This sounds like fun
default_smile.png
We already have the clothes that were mentioned so we should be set. Have a nice leather western halter with some gold/silver diamonds on it. My son is so excited to go. Marley is doing really well in learning his side stepping. He backs up like a champ and is jumping really well. Barrell racing should be exciting since he loves to run and my son has really long legs!! We have been practicing for the Liberty class as well.

Cindy4H -- yes, it is the same show!! You will easily be able to find us because we will be the mini with no mane
default_sad.png
He rubbed it all off....oh well, instructor said it will only matter in halter. I also think we had emailed back and forth about my son joining your 4H group. Are you located in Mendon?

Side note....my son's surgical device comes off this Wednesday and then its time to get him and Marley working as a team again....been a long 3 months...

We're the Mini Whinnies located in Sharon,MA. Www.ncminiwhinnies.weebly.com. I heard there was another Mini Whinnies out that way but have never run into them at any shows or 4H events so wasn't sure they were still an active group.

Latest posts

Back