Me again! Do any of you have an opion on this product?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anngee

Reaction score
Our yard & town is like marsh land. We have put so much dirt down when we bought here, I have another load I was going to use in another area, but will see if we need to raise the area we are going to fence Belle. Anyway, as much as we have put down dirt, it still stays " swampy " in areas. Do any of you use this Stall Dry or think it would help in the walk in. I will buy dry stall for her bedding area. Here is the link. I can not thank everyone enough for the shopping list. Oh, what do I do with the manure? I have never been around any horse poop. Is it huge...like hard to get up every 5 minutes? Just trying to not be too shocked.

http://www.animalworldnetwork.com/drysthobe40b.html

Rather than using that product to soak up what's coming up from underground, fix the ground. Best way to do that is to check in your area - but it can be extensive and detailed. I would think doing it once and not having to continuously go back and add dirt that sinks would be best...

That product does work in a stall situation to dry up and break the scent of ammonia. However, I'm thinking it's DE, Diatomaceous Earth. If you want to compost your manure, you don't want that - it will kill the good microbes in the compost along with the bad...

There is a method to doing the layering. I believe you start with a type of cloth that keeps the good stuff above from "disappearing" in the bad stuff below. The a gravel base - starting large and graduating to smaller. Then limestone would work. A packed limestone stall area...You will need to check on this in your area - I've never done it though I've had it recommended to me.

Didn't you say you had chickens? Or was that the other person I've responded to, today? Mini horse manure is good for composting. If the hay that you get is treated with herbicides, composting takes longer before it won't kill veggie plants...

No, I don't have chickens. Not yet at least. I hope this yard can be fixed. We only put dirt down once & that has helped so much, I think we needed more. Belle's fence will be on a higher ground...it's just so marshey all over this town.

Sounds like you probably have a pretty grassy yard. I would like some of it! I live on an iron ore rock! My yard looks pretty now since we fenced it in and the horses take care of it. Still have a few orange spots but maybe they will get to it this summer! Lol good luck!

Latest posts

Back