Mares!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rimmerpaints

Reaction score
Ok my QH mare is a big sweetheart. Alway wanting to please so well mannered. Not moody at all. Then our mini mare cinnamon is the moodiest mare ive ever seen. I swear she is bi-polar.LOL one minute she is sweet then in a blink ear back and butt to you which i do not like! its disrespect and i dont like this behavior. Im not sure how to even correct her on this. Im not sure if its cuz she has a three mth old baby on her or if this is just her personality. Im about ready to pull baby off of her when baby turns 4 mths old cuz baby is really bringing her down. I try to wait till 6mth but shortcake is taking her down. Her attitude is just horrible. It seems to get worse every day. Also had topull her away frommy other minis she doesnt seem to get along with other minis. She chases them biting and kicking them. I dont get her at all. I know they do the alpha order but this is beyond that its just mean. Any suggestions

Be patient, if the foal is dragging her down she probably feels bad hence the grumpy behaviour. Even the sweetest mares can be over protective and right now she is thinking about her baby and being a mum. I would up her food and put her and baby some where quiet with plenty of good quality hay.

Good luck

She could also be experiencing pain, whether from teeth issues, ulcers, or something else. Both of those would contribute to a loss of weight as well. Getting her checked by a vet would be my first step. Hope you can figure out what's going on with her!

Back