Mares that are bred

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heart k ranch

Reaction score
Can they come into a false heat?

I have a mare that looks preggo (I did order a weefoal test), she is getting bigger, but every two months she comes into heat!?!

I heard that some mares can do that? Is it true?

Not only can they have a false heat but they can have a false pregnancy. My mare Ariel is good at that.

She would have a false pregnancy everytime I bred Jasmine. She would even look sooo preggo then she would go thru all the foaling symptoms. Lindal ended up with the last foal. I named it poof! Granted he was

invisible but such a pleasure to have. No poo to clean up and he never seemed to get in trouble.

default_biggrin.png

In the winter it is hard to know when they are so harry. I would do an pregnancy test so you know for sure.

If she is you will want to care for her differently.

I had a mare that would show full blown heat signs when she saw a stallion, and one time she was one week away from foaling!!! Squat, squeal, spray, the whole 9 yards.

I had a mare that would show full blown heat signs when she saw a stallion, and one time she was one week away from foaling!!! Squat, squeal, spray, the whole 9 yards.
Ruffian, I have a mare just like that too :DOH! She was shown all year and because I didn't think she concieved... But at about a month before she foaled I realized she was pregnant! That mare would have been pampered if I knew that,(took her 4 years to finally give us a foal) instead of being exercised and dieting and taken to a show almost every weekend
default_wacko.png
lol

I would definately have your mare checked just to be sure
default_wink.png

~Jessica

I have two mares that I "need" checked. And only one weefoal test. I guess I'll use it on the buckskin because she is so big!

Latest posts

Back