Mare ultrasounded today....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BopNDoc

Reaction score
And we got to see the baby MOVING! It was soooo cool! She was pasture bred but with the u/s, vet said she's most likely preggers from the last breeding early Aug. We were able to see the spinal column, the heart beat and it's tail! By that time the mare was getting antsy as was my husband holding her. So we had to stop with the oohing and ahhing! But I'm very excited as this was my first MINI u/s experience. VERY COOL! So I officially have two foals due in '09. A quarter horse foal in Jan. and then this foal in July. Woo-hoo!!!!

How exciting for you. I'll probably never have a foal around here, although I gotta admit, when the babies start coming in the spring and all those cute pictures start appearing.....it's really difficult to resist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congradulations! I have only had two foals in the past two year. Next spring I will have 2-5! Two are planned-one purebred miniature horse, and one mule, from my friend's jack. My recently sold yearling donkey jack was very busy being naughty, and I might have 1-3 "Oopses"! Two I saw being bred, and the one mare, who really looks pregnant, I never saw. I will probably have some ultrasounding done next week! I have never seen the ultra-sound being performed and am excite!

Appylover2, yes those cute foal pics are hard to resist!

Wendyluvsminis, it's pretty neat, I've always had my quarter mares u/s and it's exciting so see the heartbeat and all but this being my first mini u/s I was amazed at what I was able to see, seeing it's little tail really got me! I'm used to only seeing the black blob or heartbeat to confirm pregnancy at day 15-20ish in my big girls. We don't have them u/s this far along. So it was a treat for me today and my little girl was amazed too. She just couldn't figure how we could see the "baby" on the tv!

Congrats! It's awesome, isn't it!!! I just had my mare ultrasounded again at about 4 1/2 months and got to see the baby bucking and jumping like crazy!! It was amazing!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

Congrats! It's awesome, isn't it!!! I just had my mare ultrasounded again at about 4 1/2 months and got to see the baby bucking and jumping like crazy!! It was amazing!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!
That's how far my mare is and that baby was moving around like mad! I got a kick out of the tail moving. Very cool!

Congrat's - how exciting for you. I've watched an u/s on one of our mini's but she wasn't pregnant so saw nothing lol - but can imagine how exciting it would have been to be watching your unborn foal.

I loved seeing my own babies when I had ultrasound.

Nicky

Mystical Park

Congratulations! How exciting!

I love seeing the babies in the ultrasounds.
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats!!! I just had my mare ultrasounded Friday - got to see a good strong heartbeat. She'll be due in April. It's always exciting when you find out they're pregnant and baby looks healthy.

Barbie

Latest posts

Back