Maggie now has a little star

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shari

Reaction score
MaggieJuly12A.jpg

Maggie was so shinny the other day, I had to take a photo of her. Normally her backside doesn't look this big, but for some reason at this angle....Poor Maggie. LOL

Another thing I find interesting.... she has always had white hairs shot through her coat. But the last two years, the white hairs on her forehead have turned into a little star.

If I remember correctly, both of her parents where Pintos.

MaggieJuly12B.jpg

Loved the glint in her eye, in this photo.

She's so pretty! Love her color! - I have a gelding who's parents were both pintos and he's a flaxen chestnut with a "interupted stripe" who just this year started to sprout white spots all over!!

Pintos dont gain spots as they age. White on the face can show better over time. But over the body its not pinto spotting that does that. With Appies and Pintos being bred so much together in the Miniature World its hard to find pintos who carry no appy in their pedigree.

Appies can color out over time. And just because the parents didnt necessarily show appy traits under/over their pinto ones doesnt mean they dont actually carry them.

Chestnuts in the big horse world and some of the other color but mostly noticed on chestnuts can have white or dark marks show up over time. No ones been able to explain that as the ones Im talking about are 100% quarter horses. Tracing their bloodlines back pretty much to the beginning of the registry.

I always seem to be standing at the angle whenever anyone take a photo of me, I know how she feels!

Beautiful girl!

Sounds like you have an Appy in the making there Taylor!

Maggie does have dark Bend'O Spots, just never in white. She did have white hairs in that area of her head and white hairs are shot through her coat on her body, but one had to look close.

Below is a photo of her coat in 06.... can see the white hairs if you look close. Almost like she wanted to be pinto, but didn't quite make it.

maggiesticking2july06.jpg

Thank you Susanne and DH. VBG

Now that she has a distinctive star on her face, most likely should up date her Registry photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you have an Appy in the making there Taylor!

Maggie does have dark Bend'O Spots, just never in white. She did have white hairs in that area of her head and white hairs are shot through her coat on her body, but one had to look close.

Below is a photo of her coat in 06.... can see the white hairs if you look close. Almost like she wanted to be pinto, but didn't quite make it.

Now that she has a distinctive star on her face, most likely should up date her Registry photos.

hahaha that would be interesting, it only took him 7 years!

I'm going to guess its sabino at work, as sabino roaning can increase over time, although I've not heard of it "producing" a star over time. [Might have always been there as a faint star, just don't know.]

Latest posts

Back