Lost my dwarf today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iowa

Reaction score
I took my little 10 day old dwarf to the vet today because she was getting more congested in her lungs. He took x-rays of her heart and lungs and discovered her heart was mis-shapen, leading to fluid build up in her lungs and around her heart. He said she would suffocate from all the fluid and nothing could be done for her. Her little legs were still popping out at the joints both in the shoulder and hips and she was so far down in her rear pasterns. I couldn't see her suffer any longer, so she is now waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge. Fly fast and free little one.

Here is a picture of her outside the vet's office. So cute she was.

suzy1111.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
default_no.gif
So sorry...

So sorry about the loss of your little one... it's so common to have internal problems with the dwarfs. Now she can run and play....
default_wub.png

oh my heart just aches for you. Sometimes its just not fair, but I really think you made the right decision.

Your little angel is up with our dwarf, Big tonight and I know he will take good care of your baby.

DSCN0616.jpg

BIG HUGS!

Sorry you lost her but was loving of you to help her over Rainbow Bridge. They touch our hearts, such special little ones. Thinking of you, Lavonne

I don't know what it is about the dwarfs but they hold a special place in our hearts. So sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back