looking for info on foaling monitoring system- can you help?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, I remember last year(or earlier this year) finding information somewhere on the site for someoen who had a foal monitor system that worked in conjunction with a baby monitor system. The mare wore the reaciever(I think) on her halter, and if she lay down it set off a sound picked up by the baby monitor. I am out in arizona, do not have an enclosed barn( we have a "mare motel" type setup- all pipe/metal and open air type). I need something that will work for us in this situation, that is easy to use, and the cost is reasonable. Does anyone know of the system I am talking about, and can help me out with where I go to find info on it? Or does anyone have a foaling alarm system for sale that would work in my type situation, and would contact me privately at [email protected] . My two mares aren't due until February, but I am shopping early to be prepared- may have two more to foal a bit later, but not sure if those two took or not.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bev

Hi Bev

this has worked for us with most of our mares (had one aggitated

by the buzzer enough to just try to constantly get the halter off)

and is less costly than alot of monitoring systems

we use it along with a closed circuit tv but if used with a baby monitor

it will work but it does go off when they reach the right way to scratch

but at least when it goes off constantly you know they are lying flat but if

you have a mare that sleeps flat out I'm not sure if any systems

would work

The foal buzzer

Lori

Latest posts

Back