Look what the new mare was hiding!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eohippus

Reaction score
Back in October my partner added a mare to our little herd, Sparkle Plenty Supreme Misty Morn, aka "Missy". She's a silver bay roan, two colors that I'm absolutely in love with (though I know neither were very desired in the "what color don't you want in your breeding program" topic). She was a nice reddish color when we got her and had her winter coat already. Her coat didn't get to be mammoth like some of our other minis, and when we bought her you could easily still see she was a nice horse... BUT wow! We clipped and man, she's even better than I had hoped!

71719_1429419175710_1239764257_31037753_1596315_n.jpg

Missy the day we picked her up from her breeder/PO.

168092_1567404905267_1239764257_31285962_6172969_n.jpg

Clipped and at her first show! She was a little under herself and I wasn't around to catch it and have Amanda fix it, oops!

182881_1567348343853_1239764257_31285949_5516432_n.jpg

Head shot

182767_1567403905242_1239764257_31285961_2744520_n.jpg

Front legs not so far under her, but its hard to get a really "showy" picture when doing it by yourself!

And in case you're wondering how that first show went...

181986_1562893152476_1239764257_31279537_5927718_n.jpg

She took first out of the mares!

Nice! She reminds me of our "Missy" who is a silver bay.

And congrats on that nice ribbon
default_aktion033.gif

congrats on your surprise - always fun clipping when it turns out something totally different than what you expected. I remember how excited we were the first time we clipped a little smokey black (we thought) weanling and BLUE ROAN appeared underneath! That was something else so I can totally relate to your excitement when you unwrapped her. LOL

She's a pretty girl and there's many more ribbons in her future I"m sure........

Congratulations! She's very pretty! It's incredible what a clip job can do for a horse.
default_smile.png
I also love true roans, they are so unusual and lovely, IMO.

Thank you every one for all the compliments! She's our little princess around here and she knows it haha

Congrats! I am a big roan fan too I have a bay and a red roan.

Pretty girl
default_wub.png
I love roans
default_yes.gif

She is gorgeous!!! I love true roans too, I would love to have one someday!
Yay, more roan fans!! Its not a very common color but I just love the way it looks. I've always wanted a nice blue roan, with a dark dark dark face/legs and a very ticked out/roaned body. Maybe one day she'll produce a nice foal like that

congrats on your surprise - always fun clipping when it turns out something totally different than what you expected. I remember how excited we were the first time we clipped a little smokey black (we thought) weanling and BLUE ROAN appeared underneath! That was something else so I can totally relate to your excitement when you unwrapped her. LOL

She's a pretty girl and there's many more ribbons in her future I"m sure........
I was so hoping thats what would happen with my smokey black! I'm so jealous! His coat color was so weird and kept changing and his breeder wasn't sure his exact color because of his baby coat. I was a little bummed after his clip job he wasn't hiding a lovely roan underneath! And I love the term unwrapping for clipping, haha, we always say its just like christmas when we clip because even if you know what the horse looks like underneath its always the best surprise to see them all clean cut again :D

Shes beautiful Eohippus! I love her color, her face is very expressive, I get a sense of a great, trusting, character, good vibes all around
default_wub.png

Dan.

She's very pretty! Congrats on your ribbon!

What show were you at?? Good for you!!

What show were you at?? Good for you!!
It was just one of the local monthly/every other month shows. That one was "The Show Circuit". I like it because they have mini classes and more than just our horses show up. We'll be at the Youth & Ammy spring show then Touch of Class. I can't wait for those! I just got the premium for the latter and its got me so excited

Latest posts

Back