Little Annie Fund

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, JennyB, for the PayPal info! This board is such a blessing to so many, and this is just one of the reasons why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is done too!!!! Can't wait for an update on Annie!!! She's being given a better chance at life!! Thanks to all who have made this possible!

Done!

It's been so long since I last used Paypal it took 3 goes to get my password right.........must be getting old.

I didnt even see this thread. You guys will never know how touched Rusty and I are. I just cannot even put it into words.

I was reading thru emails and they are so heartfelt and tell so many stories of people that have been in the same position. One wonderful woman called me in tears because she lost her job and had to put her dog down due to not having vet money. Shes now working and doing better and wanted to help Annie.

I think when this is over I am going to look into starting a fund for people with vet bills. I know marestare cares does this but I know they are limited in how much they can help. I have heard from dog people, cat people, horse people etc.

The economy has stressed so many of us and pets are such a huge stress reliever (except when they are sick) Our animals add so much joy to our lives and so many people are hurting in this economy.

I know there has to be a way to do it and when life goes back to normal I am going to look into it.

I feel so compelled to pay this forward.

Kay - we are all so glad to be able to help, whether with $$$ or good thoughts and prayers. Years ago I faced something similar, had a foal who needed major surgery to have a chance of life. She was 3 days old when she had surgery, fortunately at that time we had the $$$ - today it would be another story. I'm sure at the time you read about my Dawn - she is still in my avatar. She's in a forever home now with a wonderful family. If I can help someone I will because I know how I felt at the time. Hugs to you and keep us posted!!!!!

Sent a small contribution. I sure hope Annie makes it.
default_wub.png

Done on this end too!
default_smile.png
Can't wait to see little Annie bouncing around the stall again in all of her cuteness!
default_wub.png
I love watching her every chance I get. My husband even enjoys watching her! Many prayers to her and Tease for their safe and healthy return home!
default_yes.gif

done

I just wanted to add... I wasnt able to give a huge donation and I imagine most of us are in the same situation , but if we all give just a little there are so many of us here .... we will have that bill sorted in no time at all

I would love to send some, but just got taken off work permanently because of disability and hubby lost his job 3 weeks later. I will keep her in my prayers. I think it is great that everyone is willing to lend a hand. I was a little surprised though as when we tried to do the same for Riverdance's Marbles, most said that everyone should bear their own expenses. Some seemed offended that we had tried to get her some help. That was 2 years ago and she is still trying to pay off the vet bill! I think it is a great idea to have a fund! Anyways, I wish her a speedy recovery. I would be beside myself if one of my minis was really sick and I faced a choice of whether to treat or not because of money!!

Barb

PLEASE NOTE: CORRECTED PAYPAL EMAIL ADDRESS:

[email protected] (no "S" at the end of pasture)

I got a message from paypal about the money being "unclaimed" and to check the email. Yep, that was it.

Just got on-line...Best way for you to donate is thru PayPal. If it goes thru as a Gift there will be not charge. Go to your PayPal account:

Hit Send Money Tab

below is large square says you can you can pay for purchases and services or send money to friends and family.

To(put kays email address in this: [email protected])

Your amount ~ US Dollars or other

Press the Personal Tab instead of the Purchase Tab

Select Gift

There are no fees with this and you can add a small comment to Kay about the money you are sending. They only allow a short message.

Good Luck!
default_aktion033.gif

Jenny

PLEASE NOTE: CORRECTED PAYPAL EMAIL ADDRESS:

[email protected] (no "S" at the end of pasture)

I got a message from paypal about the money being "unclaimed" and to check the email. Yep, that was it.
Oh my goodness thanks so very much Pam for catching that. I am so sorry that I made that mistake and hopefully PayPal will catch others who made their donations mistakes too! I didn't recieve anything from PayPal when I made my donations and hopefully others caught that mistake of "pastures" too before they sent theirs in..EKK!
default_wacko.png

So Sorry,

Jenny

I think it is great that everyone is willing to lend a hand. I was a little surprised though as when we tried to do the same for Riverdance's Marbles, most said that everyone should bear their own expenses.
I'm sure there are members who really hope everything will be okay for Kay's filly, but feel as you described. Most of us know that having horses is an expensive luxury and when a person decides to breed horses, it can get even more expensive. I hope all will work out for Annie.

I see both sides of this. I am sure we all wish we had the money to pay our own vet bills AND help out anyone in need, but it just ain't gonna happen. In our case, we had $18,000 in our own vet bills last year, and we lost 2 minis this year (out of herd that now totals 9). Then hubby lost his job. I am sure that we are not alone.

I sure hope everything works out for Tease and Annie and for all the other forum members' sick mares and foals.

This is what Families are for.. sometimes we need help
default_wub.png

I have been watching this little filly and so so glad people can help.

My prayers are still coming her way..

We should never make people feel bad for asking or giving help when they can..

God Bless you all... and hope we all someday can give a helping hand....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back