LIFE'S TIDBITS!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REO

Reaction score
I know people share the big things that happen to them, but what about the little tidbits?

Here are a few recent ones from me!

I got hubby to take me fishing at the lake over here. We've tried different spots.

I was catching little fish and letting them go. We were told to try under a bridge for catfish. Here came a snake swimming by! Well, it fell in love with the bobber on hubby's line!
default_new_shocked.gif
Hubby was moving it here & there trying to get it away from the snake and the snake was chasing it! It was too funny! Well it was to me cuz I was backed far away! LOL

There I was, minding my own business watching TV. When I looked at the window and there was a huge raccoon staring at me! Each night he comes and looks in at me!

If I remember more, I'll add them. Do you have any tidbits??
default_laugh.png

Sometimes it's the littlest things that can make me feel the most at peace or satisfied.

Recently, I "found" an author that's new to me but has written about 15 books... I'm on #5 now.

A new (to me) perfume I love called "Exceptional" that just makes me feel *sigh* happy.

Nights that aren't too muggy but not too cold, going out in my nightgown and hugging one, two or ten of our horses.

Sugar free peach iced tea... Our backyard resident family of flying squirrels... Family cookouts... The huge magnolia trees in our yard... A "don't have to think too hard" cartoon movie (just watched one last night)... Watching our horses watch the neighbor's fireworks on the 4th (they stand and watch each year!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Love those happy tidbits!!
default_wub.png

At my family HOME in CA that went back 150 years is no more. ALL I have is a twig of trumpet vine that I took from the HUGE 100 yr old one that was my great grandgrandma's. It was planted at one place we had in OK for 7 yrs and I dug it up when we moved to another town. I babied that thing! It has been trying to grow at this place for 12 yrs now. During that ice storm 18 months ago, the ice broke my trumpet vine down to a nub
default_crybaby.gif

All I had left of HOME was gone.

Well! This Spring here it came back! Not only is it green, but full of flowers. We are very dry and HOT here so I was just out giving it water.

HAPPY TEARS! While I was there a little female hummingbird came to feed from it!

Life doesn't get any better!
default_wub.png

Reo, I too have a trumpet vine, given to me by hubby several years ago, love watching the humming birds come and have a feast. Must admit my favorite little tidbit is getting up in the morning and as the sun rises looking out at my four legged babies all waiting for me, and looking at the door, of course I'm drinking coffee, I'm also basking in the glory of the sunrise and the shining glow of their bodies in the early morning light.

My tidbits are:

Our 12 year old nephew is staying with us for the summer. He's a great kid and he's proving to be SO helpful. His parents said "work him hard!" so we're having him clean stalls, hellp with feeding, all kinds of different things, but with lots of down time and fun things mixed in. His parents came to visit (they live in adjoining state) and brought his four wheeler. We've told him he can go home whenever he decides to, but he's having a blast learning about the horses.

I LOVE my flower gardens. I enjoy having lots of flowers so that I can cut some to enjoy inside the house as well as outside. Peonies and irises are blooming here right now.

And rain, rain, and more rain. The flowers are loving it anyway.
default_smile.png

We have a 6 month old boxer female who is the gentlest dog but quickly becoming a big girl. We have a friend staying with us that has a 7 week old Shih Tzu puppy and our dog lays on the ground to be at puppy level and they play together constantly. Killer has recently learned how to bark and growl and grabs Boo's big floppy lips and growls like crazy. Killer will stand with a whole leg in Boo's mouth to reach her lips. We watch them and laugh and it is the good-for-the-soul kind of belly laughs.

I have a big fish pond just below my deck with about 45 goldfish that we love to watch. Every day when I feed them I splash the water and they all swim over and like to be petted and swim through my hand as I play with them.

My tidbits

An old dear friend found me on Facebook and we reconnected. So happy

Even though my sons are grown they always tell me they love me before they hang up the phone or leave when they visit

Went to a dinner Sat night of all horsewomen and had a blast getting to know them

Great topic...I loved reading everyone's responses...

There is a stray kitty at our camp...I've seen her before in the woods behind my backyard fence. She was crying today so I went back there and she let me pick her up, she is very skinny but friendly...she doesn't seem to like men, she ran from my husband. We just so happened to have a can of catfood (my hubby uses them in his crawfish traps...just like Deadliest Catch..lol)...so I gave it to her...she gobbled it right up. I will let it be her choice if she stays around, if she does, she will be fixed and get her shots and be well fed. She is mainly white with some tabby stripes....any ideas for names?

Oh Robin, I hope this is the 'post of the year'.

What a beautiful idea.

The child like wonder of tidbits, that fill our hearts,

get us thru those not so memorable moments.

I marvel at many things. The beauty of children, animals and nature

bring pitty pats to my heart, all the time.

I get up on nights when the moon is full just to watch it

glow over the pastures and fences and count the stars.

I wake quietly in the mornings, early, hoping the deer

will be in the back yard, where I can see them from bed,

trimming the trees. Well, maybe not the trimming part but

I love that they are trustful enough to visit.

Two years ago, my son and his wife were married here in our

back yard. It was a very NW wedding under a beautiful 10x10

cedar arbor, with flowing gauzy drapes, that Michael built them.

In the middle of their vows a hummingbird came and hummed inbetween

them. You could hear the guests take a collective deep breath. Then the

hummingbirds flew into the circle of guests and hummed before flitting

off into the trees. People still talk of it. It was beyond magical.

....and the joy of my new grandson. I don't think there are words.

Or for the tears of joy I wept when our little colt was born, Saturday morning.

I heard my 1 1/2 year old nephew say my name for the first time yesterday
default_biggrin.png
. My 16 year old daughter has been coming to the barn and hanging out( She's really bored,lol).

Jill...who is the author?

I am reading "The Passage" by Justin Cronin right now..almost done...it is awesome...kind of a Stephen King/Dean Koontz book...I can't put it down..part 2 isn't coming out until next year though...darn, it's going to drive me crazy waiting!

Today my "hay guy" thought my husband was my father! That made me smile
default_biggrin.png
We are only 1.5 years apart, and he thought I was only 40-42 years old! Hubby wasn't amused tho...

The best part about it was I got a shed full of nice hay, now I can relax!

I love looking out the picture window while laying in bed and see the horses on the hill. Gives me a great reason to get up.

I get goose bumps when the momma deer come to the salt block next to the horse pen and don't run away as I'm feeding or cleaning the area. Soon I'll get to see the babies.

I guess mine would be a big, Red Head Woodpecker that has taken up residence in a hollow tree in our back pasture...I love watching him.

Also,sitting out side, having my coffee in the morning and listening to the horses chew their morning hay...I can usually tell who had a good nights sleep or who got up on the wrong side of the bed by just the way they are acting with each other.

This is my tidbit! My brand new nephew, Landon Patrick! This is my oldest daughter, Olivia, holding him. He was born this morning. Our family is overflowing with happiness!

252436_2187635893868_1336187099_2573024_194688_n.jpg

Current life tidbits: Yesterday, my mother asked me to cook up a delicious green chili dinner for her birthday. I finished reading the Bible last night. My brother from Oregon will be visiting tomorrow.
default_smile.png

My smiling Corgi faces when I come downstairs each day.

Soft whinnies when I go in the barn each morning.

Nice soft gentle rain today when we are so very dry.

Being able to go back to the gym to exercise after being released from physical therapy.

Thanking God every morning for getting all my senior citizen horses through another night with no colics.

My tidbits of happiness are;

laying in bed listening to the choir of bird song when I first wake up

feeling a soft breeze blowing that keeps all the biting bugs away

looking at the satiny petals on my rose that has begun to produce its heart out

seeing fat buds on my peonies for the first time since we moved here 7 years ago

watching my adult son cuddle with my little Boston terrier while he watches a web cast (even tho he tries to act like she doesn't move him ;) )

having 2 of my horses who come when i call their names so I don't have to go out to the pasture to get them

the bright yellow color of my early blooming day lilies

I could go on and on, I have much to be appreciative of and I try to be aware of that every single day (even when its poring rain and muddy and cold when I go out to feed - then I try to be grateful for the freshness of the air and oh yes... best of all, the really terrific rubber boots my husband bought me for Mothers day :D )

Well every morning when I’m in half a daze and woken with one of many "I have to pee trips" my cat scares the crap out of me as he is sitting on the deck rail staring in the bathroom window waiting to come in.

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night due to the horrible nightmares I have started to have since being preggo, and got to feel many little thumps in my belly.

Last night I found the most awesome hay. Very nice alfalfa/grass hay mix for my horses. At a really really amazing price of $30 bucks a round bale, 4x5 bales. Now I just have to find a time to get them home when it’s not raining. He typically only gets enough for his horses but had extra this year to sell. Never rained on and stored inside. Put up nice and dry.

Today, I found out the gender of the little monkey that is causing all the commotion in my belly.

Oh Ashley, won't you share with us the gender of your baby?
default_smile.png

take a guess....Its about 12oz right now, and finally starting to feel it move on a regular basis.

261944_10150296733691153_735241152_9343434_1677002_n.jpg

264953_10150296733186153_735241152_9343427_5481085_n.jpg

Back