Lexington Ky plane crash

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda K

Reaction score
I got up this morning and turned the TV on to hear there had been a plane crash in Lexington KY.

Erica (my daughter) had flew out to Lexington with a friend of ours, vickie on friday and was to return today. My heart sunk when I heard the news. I really wasnt sure of the time she was to arrive back, so I called her. She went to visit Johnathan, and they have no cell service where he lives. I calmed down when I realized that she surely would not have booked that early of a flight..

She called me soon afterwards to let me know she was fine and would be in Little Rock at 8:30 tonight.

I could hear Johnathan in the backround telling me that he would just drive her home.

Anyway, I am leaving to go get her now. THANK YOU GOD.

But I am so sad for the families who cant pick up thier loved ones tonight.
default_sad.png

Keep them all in your thoughts, and count your blessings everyday, as I did today !

Linda Killion

So Glad Erica is okay! You had me scared for a second but that would defenetly be scary! Whats wierd is I had a dream last night about an AirPlane and I can remember thinking were going to crash and then I woke up, thats really wierd!

Gage

Wow!! I can just imagine how scared you were, even if it was only for a bit. I'm glad Erica is home safe and sound.

My prayers go out to all the families involved in that crash.

I'm glad Erica wasn't on that flight; I can imagine the nervousness of waiting to find out for sure.

There were at least 3 professional horsemen on that flight. One was a young trainer on his way home with a 16 year old client; they & the teen's mother had been in California looking at a horse. In Lexington the connecting flight was overbooked. The mother told her daughter to get on the plane with the trainer, so that she would for sure be home in time for school tomorrow--the mom was going to catch a later flight. Imagine the horror of sending your daughter on like that, then the plane crashes.

It will be interesting to hear how that plane came to be directed onto the wrong runway. Very, very tragic.

Oh my gosh, Linda! The first thing I heard on the news this morning was about the crash and my heart was in my throat!!! Then they went on to say the plain was going to Atlanta (?) so I was not as worried about Erica. Then I saw your topic and my heart jumped big time! Thank God Erica is okay!

I just cannot imagine how the families who had loved ones on that plane are feeling
default_sad.png

PS I sent Erica an email and PM before I saw this post. Her PM's fill up fast so I'm not going to send her another but I am really relieved to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
At about 7:a.m., a neighbor here in Dekalb called and asked me if I had any friends or knew anyone that was killed in that flight. At the time, I didn't know, nor had I seen a list,but now I know that Mr. George Brunacini, a casual acquaintance and Mr. Dan Mallory, a friend, was on that flight. My heart goes out to all the people, and their families that were on that flight. I know Dan's sons will miss their dad a lot.

Latest posts

Back