Let's see the horses that you don't talk about

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoeboxstables

Reaction score
So we all do it- we tend to talk about one horse or another a bit more than some
default_wacko.png
Not on purpose, but some just aren't mentioned as much! The horses that are only usually mentioned on the "Let's see the ___ colored horses" threads.

So today, let's see those horses on their own thread!
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png

I'm definatly guilty, I always talk about Diva or Vic, and sometimes Annie and Roger.

So here's our resuced dwarf, Jazzy
default_wub.png

jazzypic.jpg

And my wonderful 32 y/o Morgan mare, Arianna
default_wub.png

ari.jpg

You have a really great point!! One of mine that I have rarely posted about is my mare LTD's Moonlight Bay. She is my only horse with Buckeroo breeding on her sires side and LTD on her dams side. She is the lightest boned mature horse that I own. Most people who see her always call her "elegant" She lost a foal last spring and we are now waiting to rebreed her in the spring. It took a long time for her to mature so she was only shown in one show. She got so stressed I never showed her again. She is a real sweet heart and my stallion Black is so in love with her

Ltds Moonlight Bay

This is her showing at 3 years old last year. I can never get a good pic of her

moonlightshow_new_2_.jpg

Last edited:
I've showed our minis several times, but the three big guys get 'left out'..

(Left to right)

My sister's QH gelding Paco

My old pintaloosa trail mare Sugar

and finally

My "tall, dark and handsome" QH love Zip

100_0767.jpg

My sister's gelding Paco; he's in his mid to late teens

100_0771.jpg

My trail mare Sugar; she's in her late teens

102_0978.jpg

My boy Zip; I LOVE this horse
default_wub.png
(Zippos Rowdy Rodder; for those who know the QH lines he's a grandson of both Hotrodder's Jet Set and Zippo Pine Bar, his sire is IMA Flashy Hot Rod who is a full brother to Radical Rodder)

100_0710.jpg

100_0708.jpg

um, Lucky C.........You really need to give me that Zip horse. I'd appreciate it.

This is Glory. I don't talk about her much and I have no idea why. She's one of my best and most well bred horses in the barn. This young girl is just so nice and sensible, sweet as they come, no bad habits and friendly to a fault. She never gives me a fit about a thing. She has multiple grand champions all over her immediate pedigree and background. But of course, she comes up her to live the life of reilly and parks it and does nothing but eat. Oh well...

Her bloodlines reads like royalty:

Her daddy is Rangers Blaze of Glory sired by the Roan Ranger and that is pretty dang nice right there.

Her mother is Rocking Horse Acres mare Bina, AMHA supreme halter champion and AMHR top ten

Not bad for the Weenie, huh?

Glorywithbackground-1.png

um, Lucky C.........You really need to give me that Zip horse. I'd appreciate it.
hehe, believe me there are some days where he pushes my buttons and I could *almost* give him away... He's one of those "I crave attention" horses and will do just about anything to get attention.. He'll be 6 this coming year. I got him pretty cheap for his bloodlines as a 2 year old as he was a late baby and 'small' for his age, and the lady that owned him didn't think he would get tall enough to compete in WP, which I didn't care, wanted something young to finish out and have for the years to come since my pintaloosa mare was getting older (late teens).. He came to college with me my freshman year, everyone loved him b/c of his disposition and character, but they "made fun" of him cause he was in a gawky stage, needless to say he was just a late bloomer and has really filled out and up, and all those who made fun of him can't believe he's the same horse.. Couldn't tell ya exactly how tall he is right now, I'm 5'6 and he is plenty tall enough for me..
default_yes.gif

Playing 'jump rope'; he'll pick the lead up and twirl it lol

100_0722.jpg

He makes big butts look good:

100_0716.jpg

Here's pictures of him about 6 months after we bought him:

CIMG0516.jpg

CIMG0521.jpg

Urgh, you realize this is like asking a grandma "tell me about your grandkids?"
default_biggrin.png
Here ae some of my lesser shown / discussed (recently that is) hoofed wonders.

[SIZE=12pt]Triple H Derby Day Miracle[/SIZE]

2000 31” AMHR Light Palomino Gelding – My First Every Show Horse

Shown as a stallion to multiple Grands / National Top Five Performance / Push Button Driving Horse

Derby-WCMHR-Hunter.jpg

DERBY%20Horses%20--%2005202007%20--%20001.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me's AA Eclipse[/SIZE]

1999 33” Driving Gelding – our first mini and first horse we raised from a weanling

eclipse112101-4.jpg

eclipse112101-6.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Double A Ranch's Cinco-Sundance[/SIZE]

1999 42” Bay Dun Pony Gelding -- This is who we bought to keep Eclipse company, not knowing he wouldn't be lonely for long!

SUNDANCE%20--%20070107.jpg

sundance-june2003-1.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Rockets Red Glare[/SIZE]

1990 14.3hh Bright Bay Morgan x Standardbred

ROCKETs-Red-Glare.jpg

Rockets-page-2.jpg

THe horse I hardly ever talk about would be Impulse. He is an older buckskin gelding I rescued. He is lame, but a good pasture ornament ;)

pulse.8307.jpg

Or my haflinger/welsh cob, Summer

summerwalk5.9277.jpg

Jessi

My barrel horse, Josie, or on papers "My Daddys Jag" Out of Senorita Jaguire, and by Beaus my daddy (AQHA superior in halter, and son of Beau Bonanza, a QH halter horse with Superior Halter, AQHA High Point Halter Horse, AQHA Champion, ROM Performance)

Funny, all of that halter blood, but add a little bit of running blood and you get a lean, leggy, barrel horse of all things.

Im told she was a money earner in her day with somewhere like NBHA, but I never looked into it much, I will one day though. I love her the same either way

She's an 18 year old appendix QH and worth her weight in gold. I was offered 3x as much as I paid for her about two years ago, and NOPE she isnt going anywhere. There isnt enough money in the world to buy her.

72372782.jpg

115047584.jpg

102781577.jpg

(thats her tail hanging out by the barrel, not my leg, lol.)

Nice horses!!

Theia.... never name your horse after the mother of a Greek god. She acts like one...though I love her anyway.

theiahead.jpg

Dyfra.... Icelandic mare with ah...hum....rather interesting temperament.

dyfrawalkingfrontjuly05.jpg

And Ella... named her after Ella Enchanted.....part Donkey, part cat and all ham.

Ellaeatingjune05.jpg

my daughter ashley with her horse Buddy.This was our first horse ever.Buddy is the sweetest horse we know.

IMG_4953.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a awsome pic of my beloved boy as a weanling he is almost 2 now but we dont have any good pics of him that dont make him look gawky so the photo i added is my most fav one of him. His name is BHF Orion Silver Lining

SilverFace001.jpg

cherrypose.jpg

This is probably the one!

She's our first filly ever born here, and Gramma Pony's last foal.

She is also the dam to Mouse (avatar), Pyro, and several other beautiful foals, all colts except one. All except one of those are great geldings, too.

Cherry's a different one as she acts very flighty and hates to be caught or approached in the pasture, but once she's in her halter/stall, she is as calm as can be. She is a steady driving horse no matter who's at the reins, and a wonderful mother/herd boss. She rules very unobtrusively, with very little excessive display. (SHe has perfected the wrinkled nostril, eye-rolled back glare, wish I could make such a nasty face and stop the little ones in their tracks as she does).

So easy you don't even realize she's doing it!

Lailah would be next least talked about, and she would LOVE to be herd queen as her dam was when she was here, but her birth order disallows that. She is four years younger than Cherry Bomb, and her method of ruling would be quite extreme, with lots of drama and histrionics. She would look great doing it, though:

l902.jpg

Here she is as a two-year-old filly. When something catches her attention, this is her expression. If her legs were a little longer, her neck, too, she would be nearly perfect to me.

Her daughters have all been quite like her although her second daughter, Bella, looks so much like Lailah's dam.

This year's filly, Nena (or the little black meanie) is a lot like her mother.

Those are my broodmares!

Thanks for looking,

Liz

Back