Lets Play Name That Mini!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondRio

Reaction score
So I'm adopting A rescued mini! He's adorable, but I am having such a hard time thinking of a name for him! I was going to call him Teddy. but there's just something about the name that I dont think fits him! So here's a list of names I came up with! Would really like opinions! Thank you!

Ace

Tequila

Arrow

Bailey’s Irish Cream

Kahlua

Snickers

Beau

Chance

Cricket

Cameo

Encore

Firefly

Gambit

Jazz

Acorn

Levi

Pepsi

Dazzle

Fable

Tater Tot

Pictures

WoolyMamouthMini010-1.jpg

WoolyMamouthMini031-1.jpg

WoolyMamouthMini027-2.jpg

WoolyMamouthMini019-1.jpg

WoolyMamouthMini023-1.jpg

Well to me he looks like a snickers HA HA. Have fun naming him.

awww soo cute, so nice that he's going to have a great home. Be curious of his pedigree.. he looks identical to my pet.. The same really heavy coat, the face, and ears, and the same weak back pastures.. I'm only out of CT. So who knows..

i like the name Bailey, or Gambit. He looks like he's a character.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]I actually like the name "Savior". When it all comes down to it they rescue us as well.... Therefore, it seems more befitting.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Definition of "Savior" - Rescuer. It doesn't get any better than that.[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Your his and he's yours.[/SIZE]

We've always let THEM help US name them.........

Often there are some name(s) that pop into my head as I spend time with them, so I say each one out loud and watch for the reaction.

It seems that every animal has a preference to a certain SOUND in a name.....at least that's my theory.

You and others have come up with sweet ideas. Ask him! Say each name (with plenty of time between) and see if he responds. (I mean responding positively! I once had a mare who actually PINNED HER EARS BACK with a suggested name. LOL.)

I really like the name Acorn for him, but I love that name for almost any reddish pony or miniature, haha. He looks like a doll though!

We bought a little stud from an auction and called him Kid Carson after the Auction barn, Carsons!

He looks like a "Bailey" though!

He looks alot like a little mini we rescued a year or two ago that is now living with wonderful owners as a therapy horse for others. Anyways, past history called him "General" but it just did not fit so we called him:

"Sir Snickers New Hope" = Sir (for respect) Snickers (husband always wanted to name a horse Snickers) New Hope (for a new future) and called him Snickers for short. She still calls him Snickers to this day because it just fit.

Also, maybe

Charlie

Walley

Had another rescue that was suppose to be a 2 yo gelding that was a smokey color. I named him:

Smokey's Little Surprise (the surprise was he was a crypt and not a gelding, but is a gelding now)

Maybe let him tell you his name be allowing him gain strength back, shed out and let his colors and personality shine.

Just some thoughts.
default_biggrin.png

I like Captain Kidd (Kidd).

Bailey is great also.

You both are lucky to have each other!

He looks red to me, "Fan of the movie Cars" How about Tow Mater. Nickname "Mater".

He just looks so sweet and special to me and I'm soo Happy you rescued him. Hard to include the long hair as once he is getting the proper nutrition he might not have such long hair and look so extremely fuzzy as he does this year.

Lucky comes to mind also but then they say never name an animal Lucky!

Marie

Latest posts

Back