Lets all welcome ...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadowRidge Farm

Reaction score
PaintedPromiseRanch. Hi and WELCOME from Wisconsin :saludando: Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? How many donkeys do you have? I know you might be getting the jack from Shawna. Hes a cutie!
default_wub.png
: and was my pick too. We love to see pics on this forum, so if you have any to share we would love to see them. Also, if you ever have any problems or questions about this forum please email me. I am the moderator. ([email protected]) Hope you enjoy the forum. Corinne

wow how cool, thanks you guys! i'm Susan, my daughter Lindsey (^T-bird89^) has been on the forum for a while now and has been trying to get me on, she finally succeeded. and as you can see i have a lot to say LOL. yes i am trying to get that spotted jack from Shawna, i think it's a done deal but waiting on confirmation... i am about to burst!!! We have had mini donks for about 4 years, currently have 1 jack Dillon, Lindsey posted a thread with his pictures not too long ago, and 7 jennets (Betty Jean, Taffy Jo, Betty Lou, Susie Q, Becky Lynn, Peggy Sue and Mary Ellen), all purchased from Marino Ranch thank you so much Diane!!! The girls are all related (kinda) if you follow the bloodlines up and down from baby to mama to baby to papa to baby... see if you can follow this: Betty Lou and Susie Q are full sisters, their mom is Betty Jean who also has Mary Ellen from a different jack, Peggy Sue and Becky Lynn have the same father as Mary Ellen and Taffy Jo is Peggy Sue's mama... got it? We also have a spotted small standard jack Trooper, who is a mule-maker and we are expecting our first mini mule from him in February from our black rescue mini mare Bella. Besides the donks we have 6 mini mares, Lindsey has a mini stallion she got from Shawna as a yearling, a mini mule who was our first rescue, a blue-eyed Indian pony, and our 6 big riding horses and 1 big mule. We do rescue on a small private basis (not 501©3) and over the last three years have had 25 or 26 rescues go through here as well. and 8 dogs, 2 cats and 9 fish in the fishpond LOL.

as for weather it has been so hot here that we finally just yesterday were able to give the jacks their girls to start the season...

ok i hope you are not sorry, you asked for pictures
default_wink.png
:

Dillon is my Avitar and Lindsey already posted a thread on him so I won't put more pics here.

This is Little Miss Maggie Faith our first mini mule and our first rescue/sanctuary. Her mama was an appy mini. Her rescue story is on our website.

P1010035.jpg

Trooper our spotted small standard jack

Trooperget002.jpg

My very first jennet I lost to pregnancy complications (MISS YOU SO MUCH BONNY!) but for the jennets I have now, Betty Lou and Susie Q were my first pair, full sisters 14 months apart:

Betty Lou

BettyLou4.jpg

and Susie Q

SusieQ2.jpg

Then we made one last trip to Texas and bought 5 jennets, the two mamas are also bred again so maybe it was 7
default_wink.png
: LOL

Betty Jean (due in April 2007)

BettyJean1.jpg

Taffy Jo (due in March 2007)

TaffyJo4.jpg

Becky Lynn

BeckyLynn3.jpg

Peggy Sue

PeggySue4.jpg

and last but CERTAINLY not least the yearling, Mary Ellen
default_wub.png
:

Jennets017.jpg

this baby is the sweetest donkey i have yet to come across, she must be made of solid sugar LOL.

default_shutup.gif
:
default_shutup.gif
:
default_shutup.gif
: ok i think that's enough for now
default_wink.png
:

but seriously i LOVE my donkeys and there are very few breeders in AZ yet, so we are excited to be beginning our program.

HI, THAT WAS NICE TO READ...AND YOU CAN NEVER POST "TOO MANY" PICTURES FOR ME :bgrin ! THEY ARE ALL VERY SWEET! I AM WAITING RIGHT NOW FOR A BABY. I BOUGHT HER BRED AND THEY SAID SEP. SO MUCH FOR THAT
default_wacko.png
: . SO HERE I AM WAITING
default_unsure.png
: . POOR PETUNIA :no: . ANYHOW, NICE TO MEET YOU
default_smile.png
NIKKI

Welcome!!! And Happy Posting! You are sure to find a plethora of information if you ask or look for it!!

[SIZE=12pt]Hi Susan and WELCOME! You sure do have some beautiful donkey boys and girls at your house!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: I really enjoyed reading your post on the family! It's nice to meet you.
default_yes.gif
: Everyone here is super nice and I have learned so much from being here. We LOVE pictures here!
[/SIZE]

My name is Shannon and I am in Alabama. I have a jenny named Magnolia, aka Maggie, and a johnny named Cotton (Maggie's baby). I posted their pictures on a new thread yesterday if you want to look. They look a lot like Betty Lou and Susie Q. That's it for my donkeys for now. I got them for Christmas last year from my hubby and Christmas is just around the corner again, so who knows...lol Then we also have 5.5 quarter horses, 1 adopted mini horse, 1 foster mini horse, my son's mini horse, a nigi goat, 3 dogs and two cats. Ohhhh, I should mention the HUGE possum eating the dog food that I just chased off of the porch...lol Shannon :bgrin

I BOUGHT HER BRED AND THEY SAID SEP. SO MUCH FOR THAT
default_wacko.png
: . SO HERE I AM WAITING
default_unsure.png
: .
I know exactly how you feel, I bought my first mini mare bred and was told she was due in April, well the weeks went by and no baby... it was our first so we had no idea what to expect. finally got so worried we took her to the vet, he could not palpate (hands too big) and tried ultrasound from the outside, got as far as the uterine wall... and couldn't get through it! he said if there was something wrong with the baby, mom would show it, and she looks fine, so - the dreaded words - YOU JUST HAVE TO BE PATIENT. well patience is NOT my strong suit... but i really had no choice. the filly was finally born on JUNE 19 and all was well. she is now 4 and a half!

so now it's my turn to say it - YOU JUST HAVE TO BE PATIENT. hahahahahahahahaha
default_wink.png
: keep us posted we will all be waiting with you!

:saludando: Hi and Welcome!! Your donkeys are just adorable and thanks for sharing pictures.

Your little Peggy Sue looks like my Ally with her dark little face

ally5.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, we're happy you're here, it's always great to meet fellow donkey lovers and meet new people.

WELCOME!! :saludando:

I am Vicki and live in chilly MI, just wishing we had some of your sun!!! I have three little donkey boys (all geldings) along with 3 Nigerian Dwarves (mini goats) wethers, a dozen bunnies, 3 dogs, 3 cats, 4 kittens, 2 guinea pigs and 7 fish. Oh yeah and 4 kids ages 2 1/2 -17 years. I am also a 4-H leader. Your crew is adorable!!

Vicki

default_yes.gif
: You have a beautiful donkey family.

:saludando: Hi & Welcome... I am Teri from the drenched state of Washington.

You will enjoy your time here. We are a great bunch of long eared lovers.

Hello from Ontario!
default_smile.png
I have been around LB for awhile, but am new here on the donkey board too. We just have one donkey for now, a young spotted Jack, but that will change soon I am sure!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

You have beautiful donkeys
default_yes.gif
:

edited because I type too fast and make mistakes...

Hi, From Wisconsin again. I'm new here too and dont get a chance to post too often. You sure have some nice looking donkeys. I cant wait for the day when our for sale sign goes up and we move closer to Corinnes and I get to bring my donkeys home. For now there staying at Corinne's. I'm going to try to take a few more of hers too when we move but she dont know it yet! :bgrin Thanks for sharing the pictures. Jolene

yes Ally and Peggy Sue do look a lot alike... the breeder called her "black" but i prefer "chocolate" (hhmmm, i looked for a smiley face with a tongue hanging out, but didn't see one, so you all will hav eto use your imaginations LOL.) Peggy Sue's mama is a spot so when she is old enough, I can breed her with Wiley (who is hopefully on the way to my house thank you Shawna...) and get nice dark spotted donks!! so very many of the spots i see are grey like my two, we used to have a really dark spotted gelding and i have been patiently waiting and looking for a jack that looked like him, and thank you to my daughter Lindsey for telling me about Shawna's pictures! I figured I would have to wait a long time for a donkey to match my mental picture... but ta da, here he is!!

geez it seems almost every post of mine ends up back with Wiley... kinda hard for you all to tell how excited i am about getting him huh :new_shocked:
default_shutup.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
: LOL

thanks to everyone since i posted last for all the nice welcomes! wish we could trade a little of our warm sunshine for a little of your rain (i did say a LITTLE Lord, please don't send a flood here LOL)

Latest posts

Back