Let snow, Let snow, Let it SNOW!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwminis

Reaction score
default_saludando.gif
ALL,

It started snowing here yesterday and we now have 5" of snow and they're calling for 4 more inches today and tonight! Almost a white out here!
default_wacko.png

The horses are having a ball running and playing in the snow!
default_yes.gif

At the rate it's coming down we may have to dig a path to the barn to feed tonight!
default_yes.gif
Anyone else getting this winter storm??

Marty, How the weather on your mountain??

Bill

Well, here in Southern Maryland, we got a little light dusting last night. It just started snowing again about an hour ago. The weather man says we could get 6 inches or more depending on which direction the storm takes. It's pretty, but hard to work in. The dogs and the horses love it, maybe I could get them to feed us, the people, instead of the other way around. I have to keep my eyes out for the ice that I know is still under the snow, and I can't put the stallions out today, because I am afraid they will fall on the ice and break some thing. I am looking forward to the new year, as it is supposed to warm up into the 40s. Hope every one is stocked up, it could be a bad couple of days here in the east. Terry

Snow is headed this way (New England) and we are supposed to get between 11 and 17". Just cleaned all the "toys" out of the paddocks so they don't get buried. Horses seem to know the storm is coming and they are all very frisky!

Our guys were out this morning for a few hours we just got a dusting last night, its snowing again pretty good now,we are suppose to get 6" to a foot or more so now all the horses are tucked away in their stalls with hay, hope it not too deep when its time to feed tonight. hope I can get out our 300' driveway to go to work in the morning. Yuck !!

Last edited by a moderator:
We have 8 inches in NC. There hasn't been a White Christmas since 1947. It started yesterday afternoon and they are forecasting another inch or so. It comes up to my schnauzer's chest. He loves the snow! No Cheyenne my mini, he is inside today. I will turn him out later today to play!

Montoss VA, is getting a lot of snow. But have been too wimpy to go out and measure it! Is almost a white out..out there!

My Xmas.. wish of no snow while I am here, seems to have gone unheeded.
default_rolleyes.gif

Two feet is what we're reportedly suppose to get once it's done and over with by tomorrow night. We've got a Nor-easter here right now and they also are using the word "blizzard". Snowblower is at the ready. Everyone is hunkered down in the barn nice and warm with plenty of hay. Makes me miss spring already.....

Started snowing here about 2 hours ago. They are calling for between 9-12" maybe up to 20 depending on the exact track of the storm. Doesn't it figure hubby is getting a new ATV w/ a plow delivered on Tuesday!
default_laugh.png

Angie

I'm happy (VERY happy) to say that it was actually SUNNY here in Ontario today!!!!!! Can't believe we get to miss this storm
default_wink.png

But it was really, really nice to see the sunshine all day long!!!!

~kathryn

Here in Franklin VA (50 miles from coast, 15 miles from NC)....we were inundated with more than 14" at my farm. Drifts up to 3'. All day snow, wind, couldn't see 1000' most of day.
default_new_shocked.gif

Took over 2 hrs to feed this AM, little less this PM as the bunk feeders were not totally full of snow the 2nd time. What a mess. Thankfully my electric tubs are al working and were full from filling late yesterday in prep for the storm.

If I had to live with this for much of winter like some of you, I'd have a barn to house all, with exercise ring and tunnel to house!!!!!!!! Never outside. My legs are so sore from tromping thru the stuff, against the wind and carrying feed, that I'm covered in aspercreme from my ankles to my assper
default_wacko.png
Geesh, I hate snow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

The snow finally quit this morning and we have about 8" on the ground!
default_yes.gif

That's a lot of snow for our area! The horses are loving it, but Wanalynn is not!
default_sad.png
Going to warm up to the 50's by Friday!

Did I say MUD!
default_yes.gif

Bill

Wish we would get some snow...it's so dry here....no moisture at all in our part of Colorado. Michele

We had a White Christmas and boy was it cold and very windy. The roads were impassible, not one person on the roads up here at all. The wind would cut you in half it was so bad. On Sunday even Church services were cancelled everywhere. The horses had already been in the barn for two days and I HAD to get them out for a run on Sunday. Didn't last but a few minutes. They would run up and down the isleway, made one lap around the barn and came back in refusing to stay out there I had to force my old QH Sonny out to do his stall and that lasted less than ten minutes too. Monday was worse. It kept on snowing and we were still iced and snowed in and I couldn't get out the driveway if I tried. This gives me a rather bad attitude. It finally began to melt off later on in the day.

After Christmas I have no more use for winter weather and I'm very ready for spring.
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back