LB Miniature Horse Sale Board

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne

Reaction score

Yes, this is tongue in cheek, so do have some fun with this please.
default_saludando.gif

Every once in a while an ad comes on the Sale Board that I really wonder what the person is thinking. There is one on there now.

This is a far fetched generalization, but you get the idea.

Here are their requests.

1.) I want a perfect horse. Show quality. I will know it when I see it.

2.) Perfect legs and bite.

3.) Only these colors (others do not apply). Do not contact me with your solid red horse!

4.) Located at my doorstep, or you are willing to bring him here (for free, I do not have a trailer), or you pay the transporter costs.

5.) Fully halter trained if a weanling. NO bad habits either !

6.) Excellent pedigree. Prefer Buckaroo, Tender Legacy, Egyptian King, or other famous stallions as direct sire.

7.) Show record.

8.) From National Show winning Sire or Dam (both having a national show record preferred).

9.) Blue eyes a plus.

10.) Please provide ten photos, including photos of bite, legs, and a video of his movement.

Oh, and I do not have any or much money, so be reasonable on what price you are asking! I am not made of money!!

But I will trade my car (it has 180,000 miles on it and some rust), full size horse saddle (dusty and needs oiling, but in fairly good shape), pony (he is 17, but still acts young), husband or child (my choice), or non registered (but could be an AKC Champion !) dog, for the right horse.

The LB Sale Board is fabulous and I look at it frequently and have bought and sold many horses through this sale board.

But you have to wonder when people post this kind of ad just what they are thinking!
default_no.gif

Hope you had a few laughs along with me on this one!

Last edited by a moderator:
LMBO aww if life could only be that easy. I think I will put my order in LOL

You see it everywhere but it does give me a giggle.

Kay

Sometimes it's hard to convey your thoughts on a computer. You never know.... one of those people may buy a horse from you.

Yeah and why dont we throw in a years worth of free feed too ! ha ha Sounds good to me. that is one of many reasons I got out of breeding minis, too many out there to choose from at very reasonable prices.

On another note-

My Sales ad has completely disappeared and no one is replying to my questioning of this. so tried relisting and it will not allow me. UGH.

We got a very similar phone call yesterday from a lady, that Cindy talked to for about an hour. Her criteria was as follows:

1. A Rio De Oro Daughter (she has seen the show pictures of some of them in the past somewhere, not sure where)

2. Proven show record

3. At least 4 years old, never bred.

4.Trained for halter with a long neck, straight legs with the ability to compete at Worlds next year on at least a top 10 level.

5. Pinto - perferably a tri colored filly

Oh and by the way her budget was less than 1500.00 with a payment plan for that amount of no more than 100.00 per month.

Needless to say we spent some time trying to explain things to her and then declined to sell her a horse. We suggested she attend some up coming shows, join one of the local clubs and get a little more education before she bought anything, from anyone.

I posted an ad on the board once saying that I was looking for a solid Miniature Horse that was not a pinto and I only received e-mails from people trying to sell me pintos.
default_wacko.png
I guess it works both ways. If you are going to post a "want ad" you might as well tell people what you are looking for, just don't expect them to listen!

Don't forget now, it has to be a bred mare under 30", too! Preferably black overo. And bred to a National Champion!

Lucy

There are ads like that on Craig's List all the time!! People want the perfect horse (no matter what size) for $200. Or free. And if it is a mare they will breed it to their Andafreisoverjordpintappavannerbred Shouldnotbeastallion....
default_wacko.png

I recently saw an ad there for a horse that was soooooo perfectly correct in every way, too good to be true, was destined to be a show stopper and then could go on to produce national champion babies. I had to go look on the website. I swear this little mare's conformation was so wrong by everything you can imagine, she must have had had her head on the wrong end.
default_wacko.png

I recently saw an ad there for a horse that was soooooo perfectly correct in every way, too good to be true, was destined to be a show stopper and then could go on to produce national champion babies. I had to go look on the website. I swear this little mare's conformation was so wrong by everything you can imagine, she must have had had her head on the wrong end.
default_wacko.png
Some people alway seem to think their animals look perfect, if this was true Animal Cops would not exist.
default_saludando.gif

I like looking at the want ads on Lilbeginnings as they usually give me a big belly laugh.

I want everything, TOP QUALITY, and you should be glad to trade it for my junk and deliver it for free. By the way, I live 2000 miles from you. (after all, is there not a glut of horses on the market?)
Do these people not understand what it cost to produce a good quality horse? Then they want us to give it to them for a trade. Usually some junky horse that they have been unable to give away, let alone sell.The sad thing is that many of these people really do not know what a good quality horse is, nor do they want to take the time to learn. They just want something, NOW. So that they can breed and contribute to the junk that is out there.

I have had a request several times for me to trade one of my driving prospects for a mare who "has a wonderful pedigree". Then she sends me pictures of the butt end of the mare.
default_new_shocked.gif

Anyway, I will not give my good horses away and if that means keeping them for a little longer, so be it. I will probably not breed too many mares next year so that some of these really nice foals I have now will be more mature when I get to show them. Mine always look better their second year.

I had someone local call and leave a message on my machine about my bl/wh classic. Said he would be a perfect team match for his driving stallion. So I call him back and he proceeds to tell me I wish he was a mare. I said, well can't change that. Too bad he's not a stallion. Well, I changed that too when he came to my place as I'm not in the breeding business nor did I think he was "perfect" enough to keep his manhood. Really people, why waste my time if he's perfect in every way (as told on my machine) EXCEPT.......
default_rolleyes.gif

But yeah, the list people make sometimes on a horse is so long, there isn't a horse out there to fit it. Keep your requirements general and then see the prospects that match.
default_wink.png

I like looking at the want ads on Lilbeginnings as they usually give me a big belly laugh.

I want everything, TOP QUALITY, and you should be glad to trade it for my junk and deliver it for free. By the way, I live 2000 miles from you. (after all, is there not a glut of horses on the market?)
Do these people not understand what it cost to produce a good quality horse? Then they want us to give it to them for a trade. Usually some junky horse that they have been unable to give away, let alone sell.The sad thing is that many of these people really do not know what a good quality horse is, nor do they want to take the time to learn. They just want something, NOW. So that they can breed and contribute to the junk that is out there.

I have had a request several times for me to trade one of my driving prospects for a mare who "has a wonderful pedigree". Then she sends me pictures of the butt end of the mare.
default_new_shocked.gif

Anyway, I will not give my good horses away and if that means keeping them for a little longer, so be it. I will probably not breed too many mares next year so that some of these really nice foals I have now will be more mature when I get to show them. Mine always look better their second year.
default_aktion033.gif
, good for you riverdance. All I say to myself when I see these ads is "Good Luck"!!! Ha

I think its just a joke. Totally not to be taken seriously , by someone with a dry sense of humor. someone should answer back with the same humor

"I have a horse for you ...all 3 legs are solid, nice comformation as long as she isnt moving . We will put her in a Taxi cab with a note taped to her forehead with your address , and we wont ask for money , just give us what you can for her "
default_rolleyes.gif
on second thought give us your husband, he can clean our stalls , and we will now have one open for him to live in. Keep your child for another trade in "

something new every day

krissy

Last edited:
For a good laugh, I look at the Craiglist horse posts with horrible spelling. For example:

"For sale: Pure bread phillie, $400obo" What would that be? An expensive sandwich with no meat? Not the exact ad, but I've seen many like that. I've seen some folks trying to sell a "gilding" or a "guilding" or even a "building" (and reading the ad I realized they meant a male horse.)

OMG.... Erika I just read your post here and about spit my lunch all over my computer...... LOL Too funny.

I dont think this is a letter to Santa. I think it is a letter to God. This is far beyond Santa's capabilities.

Yes I love the "can I make $100 a month payments with no deposit?" So you want me to keep the horse for 3 years while you make payments? So I can feed it, vacc it, trim it...etc...? :arg!

I guess "reasonable offer" is very objective.

Believe it or not we got a phone call from a lady today, asking about a nice Rio de Oro buckskin filly that we have on the sale page that we think is a national class filly.

This lady assured us she would show the filly if we would take 850.00 for her and keep her while she paid her out at 100.00 a month with a 50.00 down payment. During that time she wanted the filly in training so she could show her if we would enter in some shows. Of course while she was making payment she could not afford to pay for the entries etc.
default_wacko.png

Needless to say we passed and suggested she look at a less expensive filly and come out to the farm for some free lessons on grooming showing etc.
default_yes.gif

I guess this falls under it never hurts to ask category. LOL

Latest posts

Back