Labor Day Parade--Covered Wagon

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My sister and I took our little horses to Elk City, OK for the HUGE Labor Day Rodeo parade. There were over 100 registered entries. Thousands of spectators. She decided to make her cart into a covered wagon. We used a painter's drop cloth and pvc. My fingers still hurt from sewing the casing for the pvc!

We attached it to the cart with zip ties, then she wrapped black vet wrap around the connection places.

She had her picture taken by many, many people!

The down side is the visibility inside the cover. Not sure how that could be improved.

We were the only two little horses, though being a Rodeo parade there were dozens of big horses. The parade was held up at one point for over half an hour; we heard two riders had been bucked off and injured ahead of us, but we haven't heard any more details about it yet.

Our little horses behaved beautifully. We spent the down time during the holdup to visit with lots of children and interested adults.

www.cassphoto.com/elkcoveredback.jpg

www.cassphoto.com/elkcoveredside.jpg

www.cassphoto.com/elkcoveredfront.jpg

My little horse did not care for the brick streets at one point in the parade. It was 104 degrees. We all survived and my horse is none the worse today for working hard in the heat and on the hot streets, and trailering for 2 hours.

Marsha, That looks great!! I don't think I could have handled the heat!! Debbie Goad

That is so cute!!! You did a great job!!!!!!
default_firstprize.gif

I just learned that our miniature horses got FIRST PLACE in the Riding Club Division at the big parade! Isn't that exciting? We could tell the spectators loved us, but we had no idea we were winners. How's that for PR for the little horses!!

Back