Kodak Easy Share

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJF

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a Kodak Easy-Share 7630 which would be an upgrade from what I currently have which is a Canon A400 PowerShot. I've had it for over 2 years and I like it ok, but it takes too long to actually take the pictures and I want one with a clearer video and overall better picture that's good for action too.

My mom bought a Kodak Easyshare and I wasn't impressed with it compared to my Canon A700. On the other hand I know someone who gets amazing action shots at his daughter's CDE's with a Kodak Easyshare so it may be more about the model number!
default_wacko.png
I love my Canon A700 but my mom received the S5 for Christmas and there is just no comparison. I absolutely worship the new camera and will buy one of my own in a heartbeat when I move out someday. It's just not fair how great a shot it takes without the photographer even trying! *LOL* It actually gets the pictures my mind's eye sees and the other cameras just never quite capture, even indoors and in low light levels. I can't wait to try it out on a sunny day!
default_new_shocked.gif

Leia

I have a Canon PowerShot S3 IS and I love it!!! When time to upgrade, I will go with the latest in this series. Canon's are awesome cameras!!!!

camera.gif

Ok, thanks. I may just get a better Canon Powershot. I've never had any mechanical problems or anything but just looking for better quality in the pictures.

I had the Canon Powershot which I loved but the delay took too long and when I would take action shots the horse would be out of picture frame and down town before the tick went off. I've had a Canon Rebel for a couple of years now and I LOVE it!! Hubby just got me a zoom lens for Christmas for it and the whole package is just awesome!

I too am one happy Canon consumer.

I had the Canon Powershot which I loved but the delay took too long and when I would take action shots the horse would be out of picture frame and down town before the tick went off. I've had a Canon Rebel for a couple of years now and I LOVE it!! Hubby just got me a zoom lens for Christmas for it and the whole package is just awesome!

I too am one happy Canon consumer.
I don't like that either. I seem to not capture what I want quite often due to the delay it has.

It really depends on which model of Powershot you get. They are not all the same! Be sure you go to the review sites and compare the statistics. My A700 is pretty quick on the shutter lag but the flash time is awful....

There really is no comparison with the S3-S5 series. Still, the A710IS or A720IS both take very good photos as they include image stabilization with that 6x zoom.

Leia

The reason I got a new camera when I got my Canon S3 IS was because of the delay on my HP camera. It would drive me nuts. H and I would be trying to get good pictures of the horse and the horse would be posed perfect but that long delay would ruin almost all the shots. The pictures on the Canon S3 IS are taken as soon as we hit the button (or at least, that's how it seems) and it takes awesome action shots (see a few below, but the resolution is not the best as I shrink and lower the resolution so they load faster on my website). Most of these were also taken from a long ways away. It has like a 12x optiical (not digital) zoom.

DUNIT%20--%2006232006%20151.jpg

Hope%20Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20192.jpg

Klassy%20Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20205.jpg

Flirt%20--%2009092006%20--%20190.jpg

I have the Canon S5 IS (and also have the S3) and love it.

There are all kinds of SD cards to use. A regular one will cause delay. Get a fast card and you'll get the picture you want. Extreme or Ultra are words that describe it.

I have a kodak camera, i can't remember what model, but I love it. It takes fantastic pictures and movies. The only thing I don't like is the downloads you have to do to get the dvd burner program. I have dialup, and it takes for ever..........

The choice is up to you. All the companies are coming out with better and better models, that do this and that. Choose something that is not going to be too much to handle. There are a pile of things on my camera that I haven't even used yet.

Latest posts

Back