Kentucky Derby water glass

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minis3

Reaction score
Yesterday while shopping at our local antique store I found a couple glasses fron Kentucky Derby races that were many years ago. On the glass are all the winners since 1875. I would love to find many more of these but I would especially like to find one with last years winner Barbaro. Anyone know where these glasses can be found and purchased? These glasses have beautiful color scenes on them and are dated. I wonder if they still make them.

My son in law started bringing one home for me every year for about the past 10 years, from the Kentucky Derby...which is the only place they can be bought at, they come with a mint julep. He of course tells me its "minus the mint julep" I have about 30 of them, and have found alot of the ones I need on ebay. They didnt cost that much either. All of mine have all the horses listed going back to 1875. Hope this helps you. Corinne

Thanks Meadowridgefarm. I was afraid that the only place they would be available would be at the Kentucky Derby. Do you have one from last year with Barbaro's name listed on it?

I guess I'll try ebay although I'm not much of an ebayer. Thanks again for your response.

The antique stores in Georgetown had lots of different years when we were down there.

Shelley

I have one from every year since we moved here in 1989.................. I see the Derby glasses often in the consignment stores & even in Goodwill. If I remember & come across one I can pick it up.

Why bother going on E-bay and searching. All you have to do is contact Churchill Downs gift shop, and they will send you any and all you want. They used to cost $1.25 each there, but as with everything else, I am sure they have gotten more expensive. Some of the older glasses are extremely valuable, but later years will not be much.

Yes ma'am, I am. The ladies there are usually very helpful, and if you tell them the one you want is the one with Barbaro on it, she will make sure you get it.

I have one from 1995 Derby 121. Found it at a thrift store :new_shocked:

I collected them for a while. I have some from the 1950's and 1960's on. They are very valuable as they get older. The gift shop will have them and ebay always has tons on there for sale. Good luck and they are fun. They are actually what they serve mint juleps in at the Derby, unless you get a silver mint julep cup.

Back