Just wondering..where does everyone get those fancy country pleasure hats?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dali1111

Reaction score
Just wondering..where does everyone get those fancy country pleasure hats?...No one at our shows wears them but I always see them worn at nationals and big shows. Also if you have any pictures could you please post them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have bought a few off e-bay, and a couple from Walmart, and found one of my favorites in an Antique Shoppe. I prefer straw hats for summer, and have changed the colour quite easily with fabric paint; so don't pass-up a reasonably priced straw hat that you like...just because of the colour.

Thanks. I have tried to find a nice hat to use as a base but have yet to find anything clost to suitable. would you mind posting some pics of your hats.

272801824.jpg

272801818.jpg

My mama found them at a sale. I also have got some off of e bay, and also wig stores!!!

I've found a few at antique stores. Saw websites for a couple of hat places recently in a carriage driving magazine - maybe someone else can help you with names, I don't remember them now. Somethiing simple maybe hats.com was one of them?

Jan

I collect old hats (among other things!) and have found most of my fancy finds at thrift stores, junk stores, antique stores, etc. Usually pretty cheap too!!

Try goodwill or salvation army. I have seen a few nice ones there. I love my thrift stores.

Good Morning,

I have been corresponding with a lady out in California, her name is Marion Anderson and she makes Victorian Hats. She's very reasonable. You can view her hats at the following website:

Emily's Way Hats

http://www.emilyway.com

Go take a look, you will be suprised at her workmanship and how affordable her hats are.

Karen

I am not sure where you live, but in our area we go to stores where the African-American women shop for their church outfits.The clothes are bright colors(red, purple, gold,royal blue etc) and the stores usually have matching hats.Some of the jackets work really well for driving also.If you can't find the color you want get a straw hat and spray it with floral paint and get some feathers or flowers or tie a pretty scarf arounf the hatband.I am a hat JUNKIE and often buy them for my friends who show in driving.Good luck and have fun.

I've gotten a few from antique stores, but most of mine came from JcPenney or Macy's.

Kim

I have found some gorgeous hats at The Burlington Coat Factory in Kennewick, WA in the fall season. I love to wear these hats with a long skirt when I am driving my mini gelding in the local parades. Janet Day

Here is another website. This lady has beautiful hats. I tried some on at the Equine Affair in MASS the other day. DD Rapps. I don't remember the prices but they would be worth the money. I didn't get any only because I have a small hat size and none fit me.

Oh Karen, thanks for that site- LOVE the Victorian stuff!!!!

Both the sites have amazing hats. I've been trying to find just a nice inexpensive hat to paint or add ribbon to but i've been less than succesful. I even went looking multiple times during halloween to see if I could maybe find a useful hat.
default_wacko.png
I need to take a trip to the States just for horse stuff.

I am not sure where you live, but in our area we go to stores where the African-American women shop for their church outfits.The clothes are bright colors(red, purple, gold,royal blue etc) and the stores usually have matching hats
Just down the street from the Hyatt hotel in Buffalo during the AMHR convention last week.

My sister and I both bought new hats. Summer stock on sale, plus an addtional 30% off.
default_biggrin.png

Back