Just Topkick-24 years old

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryrose

Reaction score
Just Topkick -1982 horse is 30 1/4 inches tall and some in the northwest have him in their horses backgrounds. He has severe arthritis in the back hips but is doing so much better this year.

I got him with my gelding a year ago. He is our babysitter for weanlings. He is so good with the little ones and a slow eater and shares his hay so great for the little guys. Also makes them mind their manners when they get out of hand.

Pictures from 2005--he came to me very thin and is now on beet pulp and Strategy. Did use Purina Senior but too much fat and this works better. Also on a good worming program, teeth have been floated and regular foot trimming.

2005:
topperjune05.jpg

Today in 2006:
topperhop.jpg

Also a picture of two geldings that he has babysat for as weanlings and yearlings. You can see they quite outgrew him! But he can still hold his own with them.

theboysbest.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Awww Cheryl....[/SIZE]

He looks awesome. I had the supreme honor of owning Just Becky for a few years, and I know that Topper was in her background. He is a nice looking older man!!!!

I hope Just Becky had a sweet personallity like this little guy. I cant ask for a nicer stallion to have around.

Especially one I dont use for breeding.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt] Yes, Becky was a Madonna-like person in a horse body.( Not the nasty Madonna either!) The wonderful lady that owns Becky now had a impaction colic with the first foal Becky had with her. She had the surgery on the little guy and said through it all, Becky could not have been more patient and wonderful. She knows when you are trying to help her and her babies. She is one in a million![/SIZE]

default_wub.png
: What a nice older gentleman
default_wub.png
: I did notice something interesting in the difference in him between the 2 photos, in the first one he looks like he has some discomfort in his back from the way he is holding himself but in the current photo that discomfort seems to be gone and he looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Yvonne

WOW JUST GOES TO SHOW WHAT SOME TLC WILL DO, I THINK HE LOOKS AWSOME
default_wub.png
:

Thanks everyone.

I hope you always remember to take care of the old ones. Winter is hard on them and they need the extra TLC especially then.

Topper is happy and content although the still crosses over in the back legs when walking he seems to not be in pain these days.

Latest posts

Back