Just in time to kickstart Halloween...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkle

Reaction score
Hi all! :saludando:

My oldest boy, Breton, turned 9 last Wednesday (9/27) and we threw him a "mad scientist" party. :cheeky-smiley-006: Just thought I'd share!

The boys wore "lab coats" and put on their special "xray vision" glasses.

BpartytableR.jpg

The cake....marbled dyed red with an added inner layer of red frosting...aka "eyeball goo"...

BcakeR.jpg

Blowing out the candles...

BcandlesR.jpg

A big smile...

BpartyR.jpg

And all the mad scientists together....Breton is 3rd in from the left...my other son, Loren, is at the end on the right....

BpartyglassescouchR.jpg

They feasted on fried kids ears (chips) with dragon spit (dip). They also had dragon claws (cheese puffs) and dried mouse tails (pretzel sticks). They drank vampire blood, frog sweat and caterpillar guts (different flavor pop). They really enjoyed grossing each other out.
default_eat.gif
:

We had skeleton bones dangling from the doors, huge spiders hanging from the ceiling along with mummy wrap. Black cauldrons, a singing skull candle and misc bugs decorated the gift table. :new_shocked:

I am sooooo ready for Maren's pink princess pony party!
default_wacko.png
:

SOOOO COOL! I can't wait till I have kids, cause they will have the best birthday parties. I once bought a "birthday party idea book" at a school book fair and gave it to my mom... she never really did get the hint LOL

[SIZE=18pt]That is a cool party. This SUnday we will be celebrating my daughter's and my son's birthdays together. Their birhtdays are 3 years and 1 month apart. So it's easier for us to do it this way for now. We are doing a Halloween Costume party. Dunking for apples, pennies in sawdust, they are going to have bucket with their names on them and goodies inside them. I have a few other games for them also. I'll have lots of pics next week. Cassidy wants to dress the ponies up. Bell goes for it, but the other 2 minis don't. Philly we aren't too sure if she'd go for being dressed up, she probably will though.[/SIZE]

Christy

Sparkle, you're my kind of mom. I think that what you did for the party was great. I surely enjoyed the pictures too so thank you for the smile. I just might have to make your eyeball cake for Dan. He'd love it.

Christy! Please please please do not do the dunking for apples. More kids can get sick that way......exchanging body fluids.........

Your party plans sounds great too so pleae be sure to take pictures of the happy kids for us.

Thank you Marty!! The cake was funny and quite easy to make. I made it in a bowl, not a traditional cake pan...you get a more rounded effect that way. You should definitely do it for Dan!!

I agree w/ the apple bobbing...I saw kids doing it at a Halloween party last year and I wouldn't let my kids anywhere near it! lol :smileypuke:

You could try bobbing for apples blindfolded w/ a spoon???
default_unsure.png
:

One thing that I was going to do was an eyeball game. I took those plastic indoor practice golf balls (wanted ping pong, but they only had orange ones at the time) and drew different colored eyes on them w/ sharpies. I thought of an "egg and spoon" type race or even a roll the eyeball w/ your nose race. Somehow we never got around to party games!

The boys were quite content about their food concoctions and misc body parts floating around that they didn't need a game to keep 'em focused.

They were all baffled when I asked them, "do you want frog sweat to drink with that??"
default_wink.png
:

Forgot to add...I froze gummi worms in the icecube trays!! That was pretty cool, too!

That first picture is great. You can't help but smile. I love the cake as well, especially the added glint in each eye :aktion033: .

Amanda

Oh what FUN!!!! :aktion033: I like how you had names for each of the treats and food for this party! The cake is awesome and so are the kid's costumes.

We have hung apples on strings and, without using your hands, had to bite them. It is funny to watch and it is not real easy to do.

Latest posts

Back