Just can't hold it in any more

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormo41

Reaction score
I"M GETTING A PUPPY!!!!!!!

After four years of asking for a dog my parents are finaly letting me get one!!!!!! The dog has to fit into what they will "let into the house" so a small (or smallish) dog that does not shed unless mom finds the breed increadibly adorable. It means no boxer but I think I can deal with whatever I get at this point. After about an hour of me rhyming off dog breeds we decided on a Cocker Spainel or Cockapoo, we are also keeping Havansess in mind aswell as Cavaliers. We appled to a resuce but they have not responded and it's been 7 days. My parents also want the new dog to be a puppy because they have this thing about not knowing how much training and how the dog was trained before, they would rather start from scratch with a puppy. This makes recuing difficult, even though we are open to small cross breeds there are not alot of puppies out there for adoption. We just out a mass about of e-mails to Cocker breeders so hopefully we will hear from them soon.

I wanted to wait til I had a puppy to tell you but I just could not hold it in any more.

thanks for reading.

-Vanessa

Well I will tell you, a Cocker Sheds like crazy

:aktion033: Congrats! I loved our cockers. I lost my last one two years ago this fall. She was 18. We kept ours clipped every 6 weeks, and they didn't shed. I did it myself, so it didn't cost us a ton to have them groomed. I'll send you a picture of mine later tonight. I need to finish getting my pictures uploaded so I can post them.
default_yes.gif
:

Again, Congrats! :aktion033:

We LOVE our Cavalier. LOOOOOOOVE HER!!
default_wub.png
:

I'd recommend the breed to anybody!! BUT if you decide to go that route be CERTAIN that hearts and eyes are tested on the parents. Heart problems are abundent in the breed and you don't want your new baby to die at a very young age.

Good luck in your search for the perfect puppy!

Shelley

Congratulations! I know you are excited!!!

I can vouch for the fact that cockers do shed A LOT! But maybe cockapoos don't (I don't know). I know some non-shedding breeds are shih-tzu's (we have 4) and yorkies.

That must be an American Cocker thing as Cocker Spaniels are virtually non shedding- we have to clip my friends old one off as she just does not shed at all and the other two have to be hand stripped- so, maybe get a Cocker Spaniel if you do not like the shedding??

I would also suggest a grown dog will be a lot less trouble than a puppy- just not so cute- and most of the hard work will be done already.

No house training, for a start!!!

I personaly don't care about the sheding, And my mom is willing to deal with it because she loves cockers.

Rabbit; I would rather get an adult dog, but my parents say a puppy so thats what we are looking for but I'm sure if some breeders have older dogs that my parents will take a good look at them.

And Shelley about the cavilalers. My brothers g/f has one and he is just the sweetest little thing, but all he does is sleep! lol ok so it's not all he does but most of what he does. My mom loves them, but I on the other hand am not so fond of them. They are great dogs I know, but they don't appeal to me. But again we are keeping the option open because it is the dog that counts not what he/she looks like.

-Vanessa

Here is my cocker.

Mitzy-1.jpg

Let me tell you, she was the hardest dog to house break. She still has a occasional pooping accident, but normally cause she waits until she cant hold it. So I just put her out ever so offten and that takes care of it.

She also is not the smartest dog in the book
default_rolleyes.gif
: But I do love her.

Well congratulations on your decision to bring a canine companion into your life! I'm sure whatever the breed and age, you will find it exciting and heartwarming to share your life with a dog! Good luck in picking out your new family member...and be sure to post pictures when you get him/her!

Gosh, that doesn't sound like our Cavalier at all. Maybe it's just his particular personality.

You know, it's really funny because I am a sighthound person, swore I'd never have a little "doggie

dog"...hubby thought I'd totally lost my mind. But he loves her too and now he wants another one (a tri).

Here is our little Lizzie:

IMAG008.JPG

IMAG009.JPG

as a puppy:

IMAG002.JPG

As I've said before, not every breed is everybody's cup of tea. Or there would only need to be one breed!

:bgrin
default_wink.png
:

I hope you enjoy whatever puppy you end up with...isn't it great fun choosing!

Shelley

And Shelley about the cavilalers. My brothers g/f has one and he is just the sweetest little thing, but all he does is sleep! lol ok so it's not all he does but most of what he does. My mom loves them, but I on the other hand am not so fond of them. They are great dogs I know, but they don't appeal to me. But again we are keeping the option open because it is the dog that counts not what he/she looks like.

-Vanessa

They send me lots and lots of pictures every week.

How about a schnauzer? (sp)?

Good suggestion Marty.

I have 3 Mini Schnauzers. They don't shed, and are VERY smart breed. Only hassle is the grooming. I groom them myself, and it can become a big chore, since we have 5 horses to groom too.

I also have a Yorkie, she's a handful. She is 7 y/o, and still as hyper as a puppy. She is the apple of my husband's eye.

I would recommed a schnauzer to anyone.

I"M GETTING A PUPPY!!!!!!!

After four years of asking for a dog my parents are finaly letting me get one!!!!!! The dog has to fit into what they will "let into the house" so a small (or smallish) dog that does not shed unless mom finds the breed increadibly adorable. It means no boxer but I think I can deal with whatever I get at this point. After about an hour of me rhyming off dog breeds we decided on a Cocker Spainel or Cockapoo, we are also keeping Havansess in mind aswell as Cavaliers. We appled to a resuce but they have not responded and it's been 7 days. My parents also want the new dog to be a puppy because they have this thing about not knowing how much training and how the dog was trained before, they would rather start from scratch with a puppy. This makes recuing difficult, even though we are open to small cross breeds there are not alot of puppies out there for adoption. We just out a mass about of e-mails to Cocker breeders so hopefully we will hear from them soon.

I wanted to wait til I had a puppy to tell you but I just could not hold it in any more.

thanks for reading.

I have a cocker he was a pup about year ago now I live in the country on a horses farm he is very smart and was super easy to house train he doesn't have to go out during the nite never has had to hr goes every where with me I am older older lady so he is lots of company you will enjoy them just be careful at first when they get excitied they do have a tendency to dribble a little mine is over that now he barks very little and usually a reason for it PS becareful if you have water or puddles they love them and will seek them out hehe not good to come in the house carol

-Vanessa

Latest posts

Back