Jump Heights

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southern_Heart

Reaction score
Could some one please tell me what the highest jump hieght is for AMHA and AMHR. in hunter Jumper and in jumping.

Thanks

Joyce

me too..I asked the president of our club, and he told me he didnt know
default_unsure.png
but he thought 26 inches

l don't have a clue for AMHR but know for AMHA no jumps including jump offs to exceed 44" and in hunter a mimium height of 18" and max 24"...

Now this doesn't make a great deal of sense what with AMHR having the taller horses but their rules don't letvthem go as high as AMHA! AMHR Jumper - "minimum of 4 fences -maximum of 6 fences. The fences can range in height from 12 to 24" (in the jump-off this will change to a mnimum of 12 to max of 30"). .......Jump standards no more than 40" tall." The "jump-off" is timed so whoever runs faster (with clear jumps) wins!

In hunter the fences can be from 12 to 24".

Thank you kindly. Yes that does seem odd that the bigger horses jump less than the smaller horses. For sure does not make no sense to me either
default_unsure.png

Joyce

lt's my understanding that speed not height is the factor in the AMHR where as in the AMHA speed doesn't come into play at all it's all about the minis talent...not how fast a handler can run to get them over
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

It's been awhile since my daughter showed hunter/jumper (at least with the minis lol) but something to keep in mind too is the width of the jump. They had to jump a triple in width at Regionals one year, adds difficulty even if the height isn't much.

atlas_jump.jpg

Jan

Latest posts

Back