Journal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
I know there were problems with this Journal but c'mon its ALMOST February and the NEXT Journal is due out soon. Has ANYONE out there received theirs? Nationals was back in September and they had requested a new date but this has gotten to the point of being ridiculous. The All Star letter I received was a joke too. Advertise your ALL STAR in the Journal but they don't even tell you in the letter what your ALL STAR is you have to go on line. Believe it or not some people still don't have computers and I found the letter to be very tacky and just an advertising ploy. As for saving money on paper thats ridiculous as I sent my stuff in early and they still sent me out reminders. Linda

Linda, you need to read Amy Roberts' very cordial and factual reply to my friendly request for information about the December Journal in another post. I daresay your tone will put more than a few people off.

Amy,

I will repeat what I said on another post.

Thanks for always being so friendly and helpful, even when we advertisers are not as diligent as we should be with our ads. And thanks for always going the extra mile to get a great magazine out to us all even when I am sure it seems like the sky is falling at your office. I have had some experience in this and I know it is mostly a thankless job. I am glad we have someone willing to do it well!

Ronnie Clifton

Dear Sunny, I didn't mean to upset anyone but I will tell you this has gone on for a LONG time with delay after delay with this magazine and there has ALWAYS been an excuse. I am not trying to put anyone off but the Journal is ALWAYS late and no one ever addresses it. I don't think it would fly if it was The Quarter Horse Journal or any other large horse established magazine. I don't always read everyones threads and I didn't notice yours but I thank you for pointing it out. Linda

Linda, you need to read Amy Roberts' very cordial and factual reply to my friendly request for information about the December Journal in another post. I daresay your tone will put more than a few people off.
I do apologize if I have offended anyone but this is how I have felt about this for a while. Linda

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Sunny, I didn't mean to upset anyone but I will tell you this has gone on for a LONG time with delay after delay with this magazine and there has ALWAYS been an excuse. I am not trying to put anyone off but the Journal is ALWAYS late and no one ever addresses it. I don't think it would fly if it was The Quarter Horse Journal or any other large horse established magazine. I don't always read everyones threads and I didn't notice yours but I thank you for pointing it out. Linda
I do apologize if I have offended anyone but this is how I have felt about this for a while. Linda
But, it gets here one way or another and that is what really matters to me. It would be nice to be here every other month right on time but that is just not practical, i am sure Amy has other things that are just as important as getting a magizine to my mail box on a set date....as long as it gets there, i'm fine with that
default_smile.png

Thank you for all the interest in this topic. I appreciate the opportunity to set the record straight....

The Journal is the "newsletter" of the ASPC/AMHR. Often, the magazine staff must wait for items to come from the association or to come in from a major event being featured in order to complete the work of an issue. As a result of this and because we are just as concerned about "missing" a schedule or disappointing our readers as our subscribers are themselves, a change to the entire production & mailing schedule was accepted by the ASPC/AMHR's national board more than 2 years ago ... at convention 2006. This change recognized the time it takes for the staff to do the work and the realities of the production and printing work. That change was promoted in the magazine for nearly a year. Then, starting w/ the Oct/Nov '07 book, the "name" of each issue changed and issues began mailing at a later time in the two-month period. Since the new schedule took effect, some books have mailed "early" while most others have mailed on time or without any type of major delay .... EXCEPT for the Dec '08/Jan '09 book. (Of course, when an issue is finished and mailed in no way guarantees how any particular book moves through the mail ... especially the regular subscriptions that go via periodicals postage.)

Regarding the Dec/Jan book ...

The Dec '08/Jan '09 issue of The Journal was delayed due to legal matters relating to the results from the 2008 AMHR National Show. These decisions were out of the control of magazine staff. Several sections, ads, and designed pages had to be redone several times as a result of the handling of these matters. The delays caused the issue to miss our original and then rescheduled press dates.... although our loyal printing facility worked deligently to slip us in despite being heavily booked. This issue should start hitting mail boxes very soon.

I would like to thank the wonderful advertisers who have been most impacted by this delay. Your patience, understanding and positive feedback .... as magazine staff has done everything we can to deal with this less-than-ideal situation put upon us ... have been truly remarkable. It is your generosity, spirit and support that make the unusual level of sacrifices required to finish that issue worth it. Thank you as well to the kind readers & members who have understood the matter and helped to clarify the facts. As always, I appreciate your support. You are truly a good group of folks.

Amy Roberts, Editor

I have a couple of comments to make on this. First off, this issue. I don't think it is their fault that it is so late with all the legal issues and all and we need to give them a break. A positive side, we will get 2 issues closer together. I know we are all anxious to see this "important" issue.

About the regular issues... I feel that a deadline is set and they should stick to it. If they start pushing them out the door when ever they get it done, why have a deadline and they might loose subscribers if it becomes unreliable. Don't think it is that big of a problem yet though.

Latest posts

Back