joined 2 carriage driving clubs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drivin*me*buggy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Recently I attended Saratoga Driving Association's MidWinter Driving Conference and had a really great time. I have attended a couple of their events last year. My daughter showed in 2 of them with her mini, Banner. I have met some nice people there.

SO I decided to join both Saratoga Driving Association Saratoga Drivingand Colonial Carriage and Driving Society Colonial Carriagewhich is their "sister" club. I look forward to attending some events this year and wondered if there was anyone on here that was a member?

Angie

I WAS a member of the Saratoga Club a few years ago and entered their Pleasure Driving Show in 2009. Enjoyed it very much!! I hope to get to a Colonial Carriage Show this year, so maybe will see you there!! For now, the only ADS Club we belong to is the Connecticut Valley Driving Club. All three Clubs list each others events and I think are considered "sister" Clubs. Only changed membership because this one is closer and I can actually attend the meetings!

Cool! You will learn a lot from other carriage drivers, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. You will basically get out of a club what you put into it.

We also belong to two driving clubs in our state, and each brings different benefits to us. We enjoy each of them and it is neat to meet so many carriage drivers. In the big scheme of things, the driving world is VERY small once you get out in it!
default_saludando.gif

Myrna

Mary, Hopefully we will run into each other. I plan on attending more events this year, either with my horses or helping/watching.

Myrna,I figured it is a good way to bide my time as I ponder which direction I want to go with the horses. And I will soak up all the education I can. We have been able to gather some awesome advice from a certain carriage driver with a famous mule ;) now a pair of mules, and I always learn something and get a great example of how it should be done.

BTW excellent job with your recent ADS webinar.

Angie

Thank you.

We met Kathleen at Walnut Hill. She wanted to put Alax in front of John Henry and make a tandem.
default_laugh.png
John Henry's head is as long as Alax's legs!
default_new_shocked.gif
She has worked a lot with Jeff Morse, so I bet you are getting VERY good advice!

Myrna

Kathleen is a doll and is all about doing it right. We met her about 12 yrs ago and got a personal meeting and carriage ride with JH. After not seeing Kathleen for a few years we saw her at a Jeff Morse clinic this past spring. In true fashion at the end of the day we popped my son on JH for a picture. I have a pic of my daughter like that too from when she was my son's age. It is always awesome to chat with her and she will point out great things while watching classes together. My daughter groomed for her at Walnut Hill this past year. And I groomed for the pair at Dutchess county fair at the end of summer.
default_smile.png
She is a wealth of knowledge.

I look forward to my clinic with Jeff.

Angie

Latest posts

Back