Jewelry Making

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy2m

Reaction score
I wanted to make some bracelets that I saw on my parents forum for Marine recruits. I bought a starter kit and LOTS of beads. My question is how do I know what gage wire to I use? I'm using 6mm crystals, and lettering. I've done a search on the internet but nothing I can find tells you what to use.Thanks, Kathy

30mm, 35mm, 45mm nylon coated stainless steel wire will fit them well. I find the heavier wire better for bracelets, be sure to crimp tightly...my favorite wire is Tiger Tail but the stuff you get from Micheals, Walmart, JoAnn Fabrics will work as well. I am also a huge fan of the magna-clasps.

Last edited by a moderator:
30mm, 35mm, 45mm nylon coated stainless steel wire will fit them well. I find the heavier wire better for bracelets, be sure to crimp tightly...my favorite wire is Tiger Tail but the stuff you get from Micheals, Walmart, JoAnn Fabrics will work as well. Magnetic clasps, I will give it a shot....Kathy

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are using swarovski crystals, you need to use something heavy duty.

I took a class in RAW (right angle weave) to make a tennis bracelet, and I love the results. We used fireline for that.

I am told the more strands of wire, the stronger it is. I use, I think 49 strand for wire.

I haven't tried the mag clasps yet, but I do have some.

I joined a kit of the month club, for about 10 bucks a month a complete kit comes in the mail. I have gotten two, the first was a 4 strand necklace with a two strand bracelet, the second is a bracelet made with memory wire. Loads of fun.

This all started for me because I wanted to figure out how to fix the necklace I got from Chrystal Paths a few years back, and my pearl necklace. Haven't done that yet, but the other projects have been fun. So far a beaded lanyard for my work id, and eyeglass chain for family.

You can also use the swivel links for attaching fishing lures to line. They come in many sizes and are easy to use. Just slip your bead on and attach that link to the next. Men love that look.

If you are using swarovski crystals, you need to use something heavy duty. I took a class in RAW (right angle weave) to make a tennis bracelet, and I love the results. We used fireline for that.

I am told the more strands of wire, the stronger it is. I use, I think 49 strand for wire.

I haven't tried the mag clasps yet, but I do have some.

I joined a kit of the month club, for about 10 bucks a month a complete kit comes in the mail. I have gotten two, the first was a 4 strand necklace with a two strand bracelet, the second is a bracelet made with memory wire. Loads of fun.

This all started for me because I wanted to figure out how to fix the necklace I got from Chrystal Paths a few years back, and my pearl necklace. Haven't done that yet, but the other projects have been fun. So far a beaded lanyard for my work id, and eyeglass chain for family.
Jodi! send that puppy back and I'll fix it free, you know that! OR I'll send you what you need.
default_saludando.gif

I know you would, but I kind of wanted to learn how to do it myself. If I get into trouble, I will let you know, thanks!!!

Latest posts

Back