Java Joe

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
Got some pictures of baby Java Joe :lol: last night! He is such a hoot to watch!!! My riding coaches came over to see him....I don't think they've ever seen a baby donkey, much less a mini one, but they thought he was hysterical (of course he was putting on a bit of a show for them!
default_rolleyes.gif
: )

I need to get some pictures of him next to something, coz these don't show how small he is...no reference to any sizing in the pictures....I'll try to remember that next time!! :bgrin

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

~kathryn

He is just a doll
default_wub.png
: Thanks for the pictures. I bet hes really good at keeping everyone entertained.
default_yes.gif
: Corinne

OHHHHH he is sooooo cute!! I just LOVE the baby donkeys. They are precious!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

:new_shocked: WHAT A CUTIE PIE!!!!! :new_shocked:

Congratulations on your Darling Boy!!! He is just precious!!!
default_wub.png
:

Nancy

those are some really great shots!!! wish i could do as well :eek:

It helps to have access to a really nice camera....and yes, digital too!! I think I took about 20 some shots...those were the ones that turned out somewhat!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I'll post pics from time to time....I'm waiting for him and miss Addie (the 3 week older mini horse foal) to start finding each other.....at the moment, they are both curious, but moms won't let them play! :lol:

Java is such a little monkey though!
default_wub.png
:

~kathryn

default_yes.gif
: Those are the cutest pics
default_yes.gif
:

Lil Joe is full of energy !!!!! Isn't it fun watching them play when they are so young.

Does Mama play with him? My girls have always been so serious with their young babies
default_rolleyes.gif
: It's more of a discipline/nudging time. And if you think about it, they do need discipline
default_wink.png
: they can be Bad at such a young age
default_rolleyes.gif
: :bgrin

You live in a beautiful place...so green & lush.

I worry about all your Clover? It is hard to tell what kind it is?? Last year I lost a Donk due to poisening. I had a team of Vets walk through our pasture and they pointed out the Butter Cup....Fox Gloves & Clover that was not good. It is just amazing where we live there are fields of "Butter Cups" and always in the fields are some kind of grazing Critter. I am so anal now about all the vegetation in my pasture...it is impossible to get rid of it all...especcially the ButterCups. They seem to avoid them though.

I most certinally DON'T want to scare you... I just wanted you to be aware of it.

Thanks for sharing the pics. Joe is just a real Cutie
default_wub.png
: I Love Jacks!!!

I worry about all your Clover?
yep, I know...lots of clover....but it is the good kind (I can never remember which one is which, but it is the good one). I am also very careful when I put them out on it....very slowly and gradually every spring (and it's never that lush with clover til the heat starts)....but *touch wood* I haven't had a problem yet.....and that pasture has been in for almost 10 years. I don't have any buttercup in it, but I know it is a hazard....I walk my pasture at least 2 or 3 times a week and get rid of weeds (not bad weeds, but what weed is good
default_wink.png
: - can you tell I'm a farm girl?? :bgrin )

As for JJ, he is just a little bum now!!! He kinda tries to play with Mary Lou, but she doesn't really appreciate it
default_rolleyes.gif
: He is starting to venture from mama a bit, so things should get interesting! :lol:

I found these on my sister's camera from last Friday

IMG_6439.jpg

IMG_6443.jpg

And if you look closely on the last one, Mary Lou's head is between me and Java...and she's trying to push me over!!! :eek: I got the hint and let them be...but my nieces sure love the little guy!!!!

~kathryn

Wow...he is real tiny, isn't he
default_yes.gif
:

lol...your holding him like a puppy.

Glad to read your Clover is the good/pretty kind
default_yes.gif
:

You need to get some Bee Hives and get into the "Honey" business
default_wink.png
:

LOL...I do see Mamas "Head" wedge :bgrin they can be so stingy sometimes !

Latest posts

Back