Its been very sad here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markadoodle

Reaction score
Ok I am already crying as I think of writing this and it has been 2 weeks sence he had to be put down.

So pretty much heres the story I am a 14 year old girl and when I was about 2 a girl came to my door with a 4 year old dog and said she didn't want him in her life anymore and pretty much just told him to sit at the door got in her car and left. So my mom and dad were sorta just like uhmm okay? And for days he would sit at the door and whine. I stayed in the kitchen with him and just loved on him. I was amazed when I heard his story. He was bred and they needed to sell all the pups so she found Corkey-him a home where they loved him very much but she couldnt keep him-but I dont know why so he went to the pound and was treated horrible. He was tied with a chain on a pole and a choke chain no less and was left out in a storm and got struck by lightning. So he was adopted AGIAN and then the owner liked him and all but wanted a diffrent dog-so we think- and went to the pund AGIAN then he got another family to adot him and that was the one before us and she just wanted him gone as she couldnt deal with him anymore because he ALWAYS ran away. So here he is at our door whining and my mom is thinking how bad his life was so we decided to make it awesome well I had lots of fun with him and then a few couple of years went by and he was sitting with me waiting for my bus on the first day of kindergraden and he did that every day and my mom let him out at 3ish so he could wait for me to come home and he did and that same rutine went on all the way throught 8th grade! He was the best dog EVER and I knew I could talk to him because he was like my BEST FRIEND! but that summer he was turning 18 as I was going to HIGH SCHOOL! He started to act alot older and the last couple of days at 8th grade he didnt wait for me to come home he was still inside but I understood because for his crossings in breed 8 was OLD. But summer all went down hill and he was there my 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,and 5th day of being a freshman but he wasnt my 6th he had to be put down i love him so much and once he came here abuse was over! so im just hopeing hat he waits for me and not the 1st owner that also loved him when its time for him to wait for us.

I am not going into details because its already hard enough to write this

Sorry guys I HAD to vent!

Pictures from his last summer.
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry he had to be put down. I know it is very hard. You and your family gave him a happy place and a long life where he was loved a lot and you should be proud of that. Just take it one day at a time and at some point you'll be able to remember all the good times without all the pain.

((((HUGS))))

Barbie

Oh Kayla, I'm so sorry about your dog. I can tell by reading your post that you loved him and he loved you.

I sure hope high school is going well. My daughter is in 9th grade and it's not easy being a 9th grade girl.
default_no.gif

Awe...Sounds like he had a wonderful life with you and your family. He loved it there becauase he never ran away again! He knew this was the home for him..Hugs to you, one day you will be able to look back and smile at the memories he has left for you..He WILL be waiting for you...
default_wub.png
Theresa

I'm so sorry that your friends time is over. It's easy to see how loved and missed he is - lucky pup
default_biggrin.png

default_wub.png
WOW, how fortunate that this grand old fellow was able to spend hisgolden years with someone that gave a HOOT. I think it is awesome that he found u and u gave him peace in his final years

Hugs go out from me to you and your whole family. It makes me very happy to see that he had the best part of his life with you folks.
default_wub.png

Oh sweetie
default_wub.png

I am SO SORRY
default_sad.png
There is not much worse that when your best dog friend dies. Just think what you shared with him and how special it was.

default_sad.png
I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Espescially right now, when school is changing for you and everything. School will be fine, my daughter loves HS. We just need to worry about your broken heart.

Thank god your beloved dog knew the wonderful gift of love you and your family gave him. You did all you could.

I am so sorry for your loss... he was a very lucky guy to have you in his life...

Liz R.

Thabks so much. I still am disapointed when i open the door and there is no big cuddly mutt waiting for me <3 i miss him dearly

Latest posts

Back