Its been almost 6 months

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry for your terrible loss....can only imagine the hurt. We saw that heartache firsthand last week, as my daughter's boyfriend just lost his younger brother at 19. God bless you and give you strength to heal.

Jan

Oh my dear girl, I am so sorry you have having to go through this tragedy.

It has been just over 2 years now that we lost my Mom unexpectedly.....and I tell you not a day goes by that I do not miss her and think of her. Yes, time does ease some of the grief and you do try to remember the good times. One of the best things that helped me and I still enjoy re-reading, is a book that MiniV told me about..... "Hello from Heaven"...it's about after-death communications and the signs and how so many different signs come in so many different ways. If you keep yourself open, you will receive signs from Shawn. I can promise you, my family has received so many different signs from my Mom since she passed and it really does help. I know the grief you are feeling, and please know that I am always here to lend an ear to you.

Please keep doing what makes you happy, that is the part that I am having the most trouble with right now, remembering what truly makes me happy.

I am not one to preach of medicines, but I do know they help me in the past and currently, and I know that even after 2 years, we are just now getting my Dad to talk to the Dr. about depression. It can come and go and it can build up, so please just keep in touch with yourself, you will know when you are not being you anymore and if you need help, be it through meds or through therapy, please seek out the help. I also encourage you to talk to you family, it's very, very healing to talk about things. I guess maybe coming from a family of 7 kids, we have a huge built in support system, but it does help to talk about how much you miss Shawn and what he meant to you and to tell your family what they all mean to you.

Sorry, I am not trying to preach, just trying to pass along some things I have learned in the past couple of years.......and still learning everyday. Yes, I do still want to pick up the phone & call my Mom..........but alas, I have to talk to her in other ways and that is fine for now.

Take Care of yourself and I do know the holidays will be especially difficult this year, but please know that you have a whole other "forum" family here that cares about you!

Hugs to you.

Valerie

I am so sorry for your loss. Just take one day at a time and it will get easier. Remember, he is there looking down at you at all times.

Barbie

Latest posts

Back