Is it too cold to give a bath? 65 today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElliesMom

Reaction score
Do you think it is too cold to bathe my mini today.....its supposed to be 64 degrees today. I got some medicated shampoo to try on her to help with her itchy itchies and her heavy dandruff, but I dont want to do it if its too cold. I dont have a sheltered area to bathe her. What do ya think??
wacko.gif

I dont know how cold 64 degrees is but when i have to wash a horse and it is freezing.

I hook my hose up to the washing machine outlet & use warm water.

If you cant do that have heaps of buckets of warm water ready. Just do it really quick & have heaps of towels & blankets ready.

Use nice warm water and dry her off real good afterwards. After all if it was raining they would be wet too. The rubbing will get her body warmed up.

Also to be considered is the thickness of the coat of the horse, as we are going into fall... I once bathed a mini when the highs were predicted to get up to 80, and I was still out at night, blow-drying up the undercoat, so he wouldnt get too chilled at night, when the temps drop. I personally would not do it unless the weather was warmer, or I planned to blow dry.

Latest posts

Back