Is Anyone planning a trip to Alaska this Spring?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellyAlaska

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We live in the Fairbanks Alaska area and everything up here is just crazy expensive! I am in the process of getting my first Mini horse and I am trying to buy him a little custom trailer so he can ride in comfort and style. I found a great guy in Corunna, MI 48817 that builds these really neat little custom trailers. The trailer I want to purchase is 5.6 tall x 5 wide and 10 long. It is a tandem axle trailer and weighs about 1000 lbs. I was planning on making him a little 5x6 box stall in the front with a swinging gate and still having about 4 foot of hay and cart storage space. I want to order a BellCrown mini horse cart as well and I was planning on putting that inside my trailer so I could save on the shipping. My trailer guy originally quoted me a shipping cost between 600-1000 but he just called me back and said he can't ship it for less than $4K which is more than the trailer costs. I need my trailer in April so I figured I would just post it out there that if someone just happened to be driving a truck up to Alaska this spring they might be willing to pull my little trailer up from Michigan. I would be willing to pay CASH when my stuff arrives safe and sound. If you know of someone please contact me.

Thanks,

Kelly

HA I know who you are talking about with Paul as I just bought a trailer from him too and will be picking it up the Saturday. I so love my trailer and I just got the small one a 4x6 from the website.

I would help you out if I was heading to Alaska but sorry as much as I would LOVE to go and live there again, Im STUCK here in MI. Not sure if this helps BUT if you do go ahead and buy one from him, you may store it at my place till someone picks it up. I only live 40 minutes east from Corunna in Lapeer.

Im so jelous you live there as I miss it and lately Ive been really missing it there. I miss the caribou meat the most lol. I lived there for 9 yrs in Ancorage. my folks were in the army so he had us staioned there till 1989 then we moved back here and been here since. One day Ill go back even if its to take a vacation!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back