Iowas Little Kernel

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stouts Mr. Prides Dam was a quarter horse!
default_new_shocked.gif

I'm pretty sure his dam was not a quarter horse--that was probably a mistake. With the all breed pedigree database, when you type in a horse's name that is already in the database, the list of names comes up with the breeds and whoever made Stouts Mister Pride's must have accidentally clicked on the wrong one.

The reason that people put his pedigree as unknown is because it's unknown on his papers. I have an Iowas Little Kernel son and his papers are completely unknown except his sire and dam.

Fun Facts: Stouts Mister Pride was also the sire to Dell Teras Moon Man

His full brothers include: Ramundo and Ayers Mini Red Man

Kernel's dam, Carmel, was 35.25" and was rumored to have Gold Melody Boy breeding as both her sire and dam were purchased from Lloyd and Zola Johnston

Kernel was the sire to such greats as: HILLTOPS LITTLE VELVET, HILLTOPS LITTLE VEGAS, and WINKS JANGLES ...and then also one of the loves of my life, my marshmallow man, Kernels July Rocket, who is a golden buckskin image of his daddy
default_wub.png

[SIZE=12pt]That sounds more plausible
default_wink.png
He was in the background of one of my first mini's, Sligo Ranchero and several others I had too
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

Joy

Since ANYONE can go on allbreedpedigree.com and change or add pedigrees on that page, I'd rather stick with the official AMHA version of Iowas Little Kernel's pedigree, which is unknown. That's not a bad thing IMO, Iowas Little Kernel has proven that he was a great sire with some influence on the breed, no matter what his background was.

The all breed pedigree is actually correct--owning a son, I have done quite a bit of research as I hate to have my horse's pedigree completely unknown (plus it's fun doing the research!). Almost every place that I have checked and every person that I have talked to agree to Kernel's pedigree as Stouts Mister Pride x Stouts Carmel. I remember someone telling me a reason for his pedigree reading unknown when both of his parents were registered but I can't remember the story exactly...I'll have to look it up.

Latest posts

Back