Iodine

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockin r

Reaction score
default_unsure.png
: I have been to sereral pharmacys...No One has any Iodine. They say they don't sell it anymore? Anyone else come accross this???? Is there something else that I can use to dip the foals navel in???
default_wacko.png
:

Hello,

Some feed stores still carry it or perhaps the vet? Also nolvasan (spelling) for navels. I understand iodine is a common ingredient for back yard drug makers
default_smile.png
Also some other cold medicines that used to work for colds are no longer offered on the shelves. SAD!

I went into Target and they were able to get me the stuff my vet said to get. I don't have the name here with me, it is in my barn.

Some idione burns when put on so make sure you are getting the right stuff.

It is used to make Meth, I understand, and so to limit that availability for them, it is very hard to get this.

My feed store sells it in small quantities (pretty much all I might ever need).

Definitely consider Nolvasan.

I believe it is a superior product w/out the potential irritation and burns.

Liz M.

If you cannot find it locally, you can always purchase on-line at any of the Equine Supply websites. I generally use KV Vet Supply: http://www.kvvet.com

Liz R.

I bought a cheap bottle of Iodine at our local Walmart about a month and a half ago. I wanted Betadine, but they only had Iodine.

Jeffers still carried it the last I knew. My feed store was able to order us a bottle this

Spring.

We get Iodine at the feed store.I'm pretty sure it's a 2% solution. But we use it to put on Junior's hooves to strengthen them in the wet season since he's in 24/7 turnout and has light colored hooves.Good luck finding it.

Latest posts

Back