Interesting.......new Miniature and Pony Registry

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponygirl

Reaction score
Had this information forwarded to me regarding a new registry for ponies and minis......what do ya'll think.......don't be too harsh.....after all, registration does benefit a horse rescue group in Medina, Texas.....it may be good for minis that go over their maximum height and for unregistered ones and ones that have "lost" papers.....sounds a lot like the WCMHR.....but in Texas!!!

www.allponyregistry.com

My opinion...............WHY THE HECK DO WE NEED ANOTHER REGISTRY...........TWO IS ENOUGH.

People just get cranky about things they don't like and feel it is better to start a new one...........WRONG.

I agree with Rob.

Creating a "registry" for every Tom, Dick and Harry of the equine world is just a money grab as far as I'm concerned, and the papers aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Not being harsh, just expressing my opinion.

Oh gee, now i'm going to get even MORE confused trying to find a horse. Not what I was exactly hoping for.

If it lets someone do something with their mini or pony that they could not do now it can't hurt.

The people who want to join will and those who don't won't!

Anytime someone can have fun with their animal then it usually makes the animals life better and more exciting.

I remember a few years back someone was going to start a new registry and I made a flip remark and it has always bothered me, who am I to tell someone else what is right or wrong. I have always wished i could speak with that person and apologize.
default_yes.gif
:

But hey why not, you never know what a new idea might bring!

Bonnie

My opinion...............WHY THE HECK DO WE NEED ANOTHER REGISTRY...........TWO IS ENOUGH.

People just get cranky about things they don't like and feel it is better to start a new one...........WRONG.

I agree.....but only [SIZE=14pt]TWO[/SIZE]???????????? Actually, there are MANY Miniature Horse/Pony registries already! I have a list of just the Miniature Registries that exsist (or have exsisted)
default_rolleyes.gif
: We certainly don't need to add another, IMHO.

Here is the list....and may not be complete. These are just the "Miniature" registries...and only the ones in the United States. Some may or may not be currently active....but shows you just how many there have been.

All American Miniature Horse Registry

American Miniature Horse Show And Registry Association

Classic Miniature Horse Registry

phone: 334-821-7741

Equus Forever Falabella and Miniature Horse Registry (EFFMHR)

Falabella Miniature Horse Registry

PO Box 3036, Gettysburg, PA 17325 - (717) 334-7259

Falabella Miniature Horse Association

Gold Seal Miniature Horse Registry

phone: 304-872-0493

International Falabella Miniature Horse Society

International Miniature Horse Registry

PO Box 6018--Sisterdale, TX 78006-6018

International Miniature Trotting & Pacing Association

phone: 254-853-2806

Miniature Horse & Pony Color Registry

P.O. Box 202 - Crosby, TX 77532

The American Miniature Horse Association

5601 S. Interstate 35W, Alvarado, TX 76009 - (817) 783-5600

The American Miniature Horse Registry

81-B East Queenwood, Morton, IL 61550 - (309) 263-4044

Universal Miniature Horse Registry

PO Box 6018, Sisterdale, TX 78006-6018

World Class Miniature Horse Registry

phone: 540-890-0856

Worldwide Miniature Horse Registry

Phone: 864-876-5578

If it lets someone do something with their mini or pony that they could not do now it can't hurt.

The people who want to join will and those who don't won't!

Anytime someone can have fun with their animal then it usually makes the animals life better and more exciting.

Bonnie
I fully agree!

I don't think this is such a bad registry
default_wub.png
:

Have you visited the web site::::

http://www.allponyregistry.com/

Proceeds From Registrations Go to Meadow Haven Horse Sanctuary, a non-profit shelter and rehab for unwanted, abused and retired equines. Visit by clicking here.

All Breeds Of Ponies Qualify

Ponies Must be Conformationaly Correct. We Have A Great Awards Program For All Disciplines!

Now your pony can be registered and recognized for his achievements. We began this registry after receiving a very nice miniature stallion. The transfer paperwork was not completed properly for us to get registration papers. He was obviously a mini though- only 26 inches tall! He was very correct and we wanted to breed him. We were saddened and disappointed when we discovered the hardship registry was $1200. There was no way our pony could earn points or recognition in any events. We felt very cheated.

The Caspian above was registered but the owner died and paperwork did not get transferred. His family could do nothing about it. He went from being a $12,000 pony to "valueless". His registry with The American Standard Pony Registry allows him to again prove he has a history of achievements, and is once again a very valuable pony.

Now Your Pony Can Be More Valuable & On His Way to Achievements for Attending Parades, Open Shows, Clinics, etc. These Points will follow the pony should he ever be sold.

For Every 50 hours you spend at an organized event (horseshow, trailrides, riding clinics, parades etc.) which 10 or more contestants have attended, your pony will receive an achievement award. Simply document the hours you were actively engaging your pony at the event and have the event coordinator sign it. When you reach 50 hours, submit it to us and his award and a seal will be sent to you to affix to his

registration certificate. This is the This is the "Pony Recognition Award".

Ponies who work for a living also deserve recognition! Ponies used at professional riding schools for lessons, and in therapy sessions can also submit thier hours. Ponies in this division will participate in activities at a professional level where there is less than 10 contestants involved, under a professional instructor, or involved in a duty such as therapy. They will get a "Pony Participation Award".

*Owners must be members in order for the pony to apply for reward hours. Handlers do not need to be members. Hours counted for Pony Recognition Awards must be in driving, in the saddle, leading or showing classes, in parade, clinics, or trail riding at an event- Grooming hours, stall hours or hours tied do not count. The Hours counted must be hours you're actively participating in an event with your pony. Hours for Pony Participation Awards must be at a recognized full time riding school under an instructor during a lesson, or during therapy sessions. Maximum one award per year per pony- for 50, 100, 150 and 200 hours respectively. Please total and submit your hours only once a year, in January, following the year you participated. (Hours may accumulate over several years for the award if you do not get 50 in the year).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it may cause problems for newbies.A situation has happened in Delaware where a breeder is selling "registered Mini Horses"They are registered with World Class.The newbie buys -planning to show in this area.SERIOUS PROBLEM!! The only registries allowed to show anywhere in this area including the state fair are AMHR(all point shows in this area)and AMHA.Newbie is very attached to the little guy who is quite nice, but can't show him anywhere except as an Open pony.The closest World Class show is 8 hours away.Even the class for Minis at the all breed show circuit in the area must be AMHA or AMHR.I see it as a money maker and easy cheap way for breeders who don't have registered stock to get some kind of papers.I think the newbies are the ones who will suffer.JUST MY OPINION.I try to educate people about all this stuff, but there is lots to learn.

I see no reason to get upset about a new registry. I will probably not have anything to do with it, but that will be my choice as it will be the choice of every person that hears or reads about it. If it can benafit someone, then it may be a good thing, but that is for each individual to decide. As was stated before, there are many registries for miniature horses and ponies and I, for one, do not have anything to do with most of them. Apparently they must have members and/or registered animals or they would no longer exist. I wish the new registry good luck and any other club or group that organizes for our smaller equine.

Angie

Wow, what a list!! Hey if someone wants to create another registry, more power to them, but I probably wont get involved either. Have enough paperwork and expense with the two main ones! Yes, this seems to happen with folks that are disgruntled and instead of working to make things better in the exhisting groups, they 'take their toys and go home'. It seems that these 'offshoot' groups never do that well, and many times eventually disappear.

I don't think anyone is "upset" with the new registry at all. We were "asked" what we thought, and are just giving our opinions on new ones that occassionaly pop up. The two most widely recognized ones (AMHA & AMHR) satisfy the needs of most Miniature owners, as well as provide shows all over the country. Those two are quite enough for most of us to keep up with (paperwork, rules, etc.)

Some of the ones on the list I provided are probably no longer in existence....because of not enough interest.

But....If someone wants to put all the time & effort into starting a new one...more power to them. They all had to start somewhere.
default_wink.png
:

It is not true that there are AMHA / AMHR shows all over the country the nearest show to Maine is in New Hampshire which for us is 6 hours from here we have NO sanctioned show in Maine.

I'm not upset that there is yet another (lesser) registry for miniature horses, however, the ONLY ones I can imagine myself having a use for are AMHR and AMHA.

It is not true that there are AMHA / AMHR shows all over the country the nearest show to Maine is in New Hampshire which for us is 6 hours from here we have NO sanctioned show in Maine.

I guess I should have re-phrased that..... I meant that these shows cover the entire country....not that they are in every state. (altho, they are in most!) It takes someone willing to be a show chairman & put one on. So if there aren't any in your area....it's because there either is low interest in Miniatures in your area, or there isn't someone willing to do put the show on.

Sounds like a very nice way for people to enjoy their horses and do a great service also. The more choices for people, with the same interests, the better. Competion is good for better business.
default_wink.png
: Mary

Latest posts

Back