Input needed *NMHR*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BFS_Simon_Says

Reaction score
I've been leasing a rather larger Quarter Horse for a little over a year now, he has some neck problems so currently my riding has come to a stand still, he isn't able to move very well and his age is starting to catch up to him. I also work very long hours and have my two minis to care for, truck payment, rent, and a new barn going up. I honestly don't have the time now to ride him and I sure could use the board money for him elsewhere, but at the same time I absolutly love this horse. Should I give him up and let someone who can actually enjoy him have him or keep him so that I know no one will ever hurt him again. Realistically I know I should let him go, let him have someone who has alot of time to give to him. But I can't seem to let myself give him up.

I've been leasing a rather larger Quarter Horse for a little over a year now, he has some neck problems so currently my riding has come to a stand still, he isn't able to move very well and his age is starting to catch up to him. I also work very long hours and have my two minis to care for, truck payment, rent, and a new barn going up. I honestly don't have the time now to ride him and I sure could use the board money for him elsewhere, but at the same time I absolutly love this horse. Should I give him up and let someone who can actually enjoy him have him or keep him so that I know no one will ever hurt him again. Realistically I know I should let him go, let him have someone who has alot of time to give to him. But I can't seem to let myself give him up.
If you are leasing the horse, I would talk with the owner, see what they want to do?
default_wub.png
:

She said it's up to me, she doesn't have the space for another horse and told me to use my better judgement if I decide to find someone to takeover my lease.

Oh, that's hard... I just recently had my first horse, who was a 30+ year old arab x qh, put to sleep. I can't really imagine expecting someone other than me, his owner, to help him along and lease him when he was not 100% ready to just flat out enjoy. It feels like the owner maybe shirking what is ultimately her responsibilty and taking advantage of your affection for him. If you didn't have to spend money and time on her horse, you'd have more money and time for your own...

If you have a new barn going up could he go there? How old is he? Could you find someone to do a partial lease with, maybe split the lease you have? Can a chiroractor help his neck?

Amanda

I would love to bring him to my place, but we only have enough space for the two mini's, and even that wouldn't help my problem. I'm running out of time to do daily tasks, I work usually a 12 hour day come home, clean stalls, brush horses, try to ride if I can, then I feel bad because I didn't exercise Simon and Spirit, so I go and do that. Next thing I know it's 10PM and I have to go to bed so I can get up and start all over at 3. I've had chiropractor's and equine massage therapists look at him and they all have said the same things, if it was taken care of when it happened he wouldn't be like this. He's 16 and has had the injury since he was very very young.

Latest posts

Back