In last nights tornado path, please check in!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Midwest got hit pretty hard last night, we were up until after midnight.

There have been reports of upward of 27 deaths in 3 states.

If you were in that path, could you please check in and let us know how you are doing?

We had a tornado touch down 3 miles South East of us, did substantial damage to a very large farm.

Here, the girls roof was peeled back, so obviously the inside of the barn is deep in water, we got 2" of rain in 1/2 hour. We believe it was a straight line wind, clocked at 70 mph in this area. Lucky for us, it peeled to the outside, no metal came in the barn, so all horses are fine. A couple are a tad nervous, all are pretty wet, but over all fine.

Repair guy on the way.

Let us know you're doing ok, or not, or need help.

Here is a map of all that happened. If you know people in these areas.

Midweast_weather2.gif

I hear there was much damage in West Tennessee.

We were fine. We had severe storms, power outtages in and out just a little bit and warnings were up all over the place but nothing terrible hit around here. It went west. We're in East Tennessee.

I am in the open pocket between the blue clusters in Mid-TN. We actually had it worst a couple of weeks ago. Supposedly getting rough weather again this Thursday. It is going to be tough to try to convince my father to move down here from NY.

I hope everyone is ok!

We just got a tornado watch until midnight tonight. Got everyone fed and hunkered down for the night.

Everything was fine here, a couple of tornados about 30-45 mins southeast of us, where some of my other "mini" friends are.

We are in the Bloomington area where there was "High Winds",,, High Winds my Foot @

Fences and corral panels look like toothpicks and playdoh ! Neighbors Barn was demolished, but all critters are ok. Have to clean everything up, but everyone is ok !

[SIZE=18pt]We were pounded all night by strom after storm and high winds! :eek: Some limbs down, debris everywhere!
default_rolleyes.gif
: But, everyone is OK! Here! Most of the worst damage was north and west of us![/SIZE]

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of damage due to 'tornado winds' in areas around us, and a tornado actually touched down nearby, but in a cornfield, so luckily no one was injured. We didn't have much of anything damaged, just one fence panel of our wooden fence broke loose, nothing severe.

Lots of damage due to 'tornado winds' in areas around us, and a tornado actually touched down nearby, but in a cornfield, so luckily no one was injured. We didn't have much of anything damaged, just one fence panel of our wooden fence broke loose, nothing severe.

We live southeast of Erica but the storms were a little more south of us. Every thing okay here.

We had 70mph winds and we proud to say all our shelters still standing..this was the test for our garage in a box. :bgrin

less than 20 miles from us we had 2 tornado touchdowns!

coverit_01_icon.jpg

We did add 6 additional deeeep anchors.

We didn't get any damage other than a bunch of stuff blown everywhere on our land. There was a down powerline on our road all day and it's a dead end road so we were stuck here all day. :new_shocked: We were pretty lucky though, about 15-20 minutes from here there was really bad tornado damage. The main thing was the 70 mph winds here..

We had very high winds and damage in Middle Tn, thought a couple of times there was a tornado, but there was not one.. The only thing we had damage to is the Horses house..The roof blew off and one wall collapsed.. I guess we did better than the neighbors, they have to replace the roof on their house and garage.. We can repair the Harley and Sasha's home in no time, I just hate that this happened to their little home and thank God they were not hurt. The worst hit us at 4 pm yesterday and 1 am this morning. They are reporting several deaths West of here. I am glad it wasn't us.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had one go through about 5 miles north of us and another about 10 miles west of us. There seems to be a line right through that path where they seem to track when they come through, but fortunately, we usually miss them. I was worried about Kay. My son is into the weather and a friend of his told him he went to chase some of them and missed them as they went more towards Ohio. I knew Kay was there now so I was concerned about her.

We were being pounded by hail that averaged baseball size but grew to softball. Sheets of hundreds of hail hit my truck as my husband, children and I left home to find shelter in the hills. My parents had come down to visit (we only see them about twice a year).

My parents followed us to the hills and as we were on our way we watched a tornado playing in the sky. We got into the hills and through the hail watched one tornado merge with another and the new very large powerful tordnado ran towards our little town.

I called and warned the county police, called my friends in the path but it was too late, it was on top of them while they were on the phone with me.

Turns out the tornado followed the hills and highway right into our town, ripped the tops off of our school flattened about 45 pine trees that were about 40 ft. tall. Continued on through town and after most was said and done every building in town sustained damage, and over half were destroyed.

The town is sad, emotionally devistated.... there's debirs everywhere. Cars on top of homes... my friend was pulled mommas and their baby out from under trees. One woman was stuck under a mobile home and had a metal bar through her stomach. Another was in her car and a tree went through the car and crushed her legs, broke her back and her arm. Threw another guy into a tree and he's in critical condition right now. There are still 8 people unaccounted for.

I Have spent my day at my friends houses helping clean up. I am very tired, my truck has been pounded and is covered in hail damage... my husbands car had a refridgerator on the hood of it over at his brother in laws house (the car was being worked on) ... over-all we were all very lucky... my home was ok, my family and friends are all ok... homes can be rebuilt.
default_yes.gif
:

We had lighting here and winds, but that was all. I am glad that everyone else is okay.

Latest posts

Back