Im the Crazy Mini Lady according to my husband

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShashwatAcres

Reaction score
Ok so we had a freak hail storm here in west texas about an hour ago. Well Gracie wouldnt go into her shelter and was getting hit left and right with the hail I was worried it was going to hurt her very seriously well. I went into as my husband said save the horse mode and ran out into the hail storm moved gracie into the stall where she was safe and blocked the hail from hitting her. I dunno am I really crazy or just bitten by the mini bug LOL. I am paying for it now I have whelps/knots all over my back from the hail but gracie is safe and ok and she thanked me she gave me tons of kisses when it was over
default_wub.png

You're not a "crazy" mini lady. I'd do that for a big horse, mini, pony, dog, cat, kid, etc.
default_wink.png
You're a caring human being
default_biggrin.png

Yea ditto , your OK... I really like kissing and hugging my horses. I kiss them good night every night and tell them I love them. I also take them aside and aplolgise to them when I have done something wrong. I think my horses think I am crazy. It was good of you to put your little sweetie in her stall. A woman in France let her mare give birth outside in a hail storm and she lost the foal....some people care too much , and some not at all
default_sad.png

Please tell your husband you are not the crazy mini lady. You are a good horsey mom who did the intelligent thing. Horses have no way of reasoning that lightning kills. I always say that they don't read weather reports and as you just found out, some prefer to stand out in it. Every seen a horse killed by lightning? I have......my friends Arabs were blown to bits literally with parts scatterd all over the place. Then my son's old horse who was actually inside his stall was also struck. He grew up on Classic and that horse was his world. At the time we had our barn in a shed row with a tin roof. Lightning struck a tree and rickosheyed into his stall and hit the mesh fencing we had used for a top stall divider on the top half. We even had lighting rods but apparently they didn't work. Classic was instantly blinded in one eye and lost his motor skills in his hindquarters. He was on IV's and tons of meds and eye meds and he started to ralley and then he dropped dead. Not the way I wanted my son to learn about how horses die at his young age. Even now we have a run in for two horses, but they have stall doors on them that I can close to force them inside when a storm comes. Don't second guess yourself on this one. You are right on.

favf.jpg

OK, so maybe you ARE the crazy mini lady LOL Crazy in love!! You did nothing more than any other 'mom' would do. Tough tookie on your hubby
default_wink.png
He's just jealous that you didnt need to save him LOL

You ain't crazy..it was one year ago this past Sunday I ran out into a lightning storm to "save" mine (and they wouldn't let me save em) and I got struck from foot to ear. I will say I wouldn't do that again tho.

An old friend of ours had his whole pasture of broodmares hit because they were standing under a tree - all except one - who they appropriately named Lucky. I guess the ground was wet and it just went right up into them. Apparently their feet had been blown wide open o_O Not a sight I want to see... So my horses have learned that when the wet stuff falls from the sky, they get to go in and eat! We watch the weather like crazy - we were told by people from KANSAS that we had alot of Cloud-To-Ground lightning... Here's your sign, much? Yeah.

Not crazy! We worry about our critters!
default_wub.png
My riding gelding lost both his mom and dad due to lightning striking them. He was only 4 months old on his mom still when she died. Freaky to think both his parents did!
default_unsure.png

You ain't crazy..it was one year ago this past Sunday I ran out into a lightning storm to "save" mine (and they wouldn't let me save em) and I got struck from foot to ear. I will say I wouldn't do that again tho.
OMG, you got struck by lightning????????? And lived to tell about it?????? Holy c#@*!!!!!

Tammy

Oh, it could be worse. You could be the crazy cat lady!!!

persian9.gif

But, I'm with you!!! I'd have run out as well, and actually so would my crazy mini horse husband
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back