I'm Officially a Member of the Gelding Club!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
Well...Levi and his buddy Kainan were snipped just over an hour ago! They are up and eating (even though they are still a bit groggy). Whew! That was intense! :s

Oh, and they had their wolf teeth yanked out too. A fun afternoon for all lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try to post again, Bless your heart, I know it was hard on you, but they will be healthier and happier!

Congratulations, Matt
default_yes.gif
Geldings make great "heart" horses. We love them!!! Your boys are lucky that you've given them this gift
default_yes.gif
AND, I can't wait to see Levi as a more grown up boy when you take pictures of him shed or clipped this year! He's a handsome guy!

Congrats! I hope to be joining the club too as I decided to geld one of my 2012 colts, just waiting until he is a bit older!

I love geldings. Just did night check/feed and all is well.... I'm a bit sad, but I know Levi is going to be an amazing gelding
default_smile.png

All my boys are gelded. One started to get the "studdy" feelings a bit before we got to him, but thankfully we already had him in a separate pen. His little temper-tantrums were cute to watch though. But I'm very happy that they are gelded out! Now they can relax and enjoy running with the rest of the herd. They seem very content.
default_yes.gif

They are bright and perky and playing outside...and acting like their usual bratty selves lol. Can't wait until that testosterone leaves their little bodies
default_smile.png
. Thanks for asking
default_smile.png

Yay! I am getting the vet out again next week to geld my boy! He is all colt now and can't wait for him to be a gelding! Glad it all went well for you.

Welcome to the Club Matt!!! 2 of my boys were done on March 27th and still have one more to go! Everything

went great for my boys--very little swelling. The 1 colt was presented to his new owner last Fri--she won the

essay contest the OSESA club and I sponsered! Brite will have a wonderful home with her
default_smile.png

Check him out on my news page www.noblebrookfarm.com Geldings rock!

Matt-

Congrats!! You will have a lot of fun with them as geldings! Glad everything went well !

Julie

VictoryPass Stable

Maine

I'm taking one of mine in today to get snipped! Hope all goes well.
default_smile.png
I love geldings.
default_smile.png

Congratulations! As soon as the mud goes away, our stallion, Flash, will get a visit from our vet...he's so good even as a stallion, but I want him to be able to play and hang out with the others.

Matt, Kuddos for making the decision. They'll be a bit sore for a few days, so the more moving around they do, the better.

We've always put our new geldings in a large enough area that they can trot around in and we've only had to do a gentle

cold hose on one out of a dozen or more..... It's nice that you had them done together....Misery loves company, you know.

hahaha.....

Thanks again, guys. I have seen Brite on your page previously, Rita; handsome boy
default_smile.png

Maryann, they are acting like nothing happened lol. I'm sure they are a bit sore, and there's a bit of swelling, of course, but you wouldn't know it to see them playing outside; lots of mounting and playing and demonstrating going on lol

Good luck with all the other little men getting snipped this Spring
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back