IF You Could Pick a Different FIRST Name, Would You? (POLL)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IF I easily could, I would pick a different first name or name that I am known by:

• Yes

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 56.6%

• Total voters

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Would you pick a different first name, or call name (okay, even barn name for us horse people!) than what you have now?

I auctually would not, but some may think I DID! Not, though... I've always gone by my middle name ever since I have known a name. My first name is actually "Stefanie", but no one who's known me even as a baby has called me by that name.

What about you folks?

I love both my names, Trevor Matthew. I, too, go by my middle name for the same reason as you, Jill; I've never been called Trevor. I was named Trevor after my father
default_smile.png

When I was younger, I probably would have, but no longer think that way. I go by my given name: chanda

My sister goes by her middle name, always has.

I am fine with my name, like my first name far better than my second but I come from a family where it is not at all unusual to use a middle name instead of a first. My brother's first name is Robert but he has always been known as Glen (something about Mom's choice and Dad's choice lol) My sister went by a combination of her names and Gladys Louise became GladyLou (
default_risa_suelos.gif
... my mother I think had a cruel streak ) until she started school (she hated both names lol) My husbands mother had a first name followed by 3 middle names and was always known by one of the middle names (I only learned this when she passed away, no one in the family even mentioned it until then) and finally my daughter who's name is Jennifer Nicole is and always has been Niki, we might have gone with Nicole Jennifer but it just didn't flow off the tongue.

In answer to your actual question tho, nope, wouldn't choose a different name at all, the one I have works OK for me.
default_smile.png

Nope I actually like my name. I'm pretty sure my sister picked out my name, kinda cool!

I like my name, even if it is rather popular for my age group. My family often called me by my middle name, Marie, but I didn't like it. When my little sister was born when I was 18, my mother named her Maria. So, haven't been called Marie in many years
default_smile.png

I answered yes because I wanted to change it when I was younger. No one says my name right. I also get Tonya alot. People pronounce it like Sonia Henning...pronouncing it sewn- ya....when it is really is pronounced like Tonya, but with a S. Add my married last name and people totally slaughter it...it's a train wreck...lol.

I always liked the name Jessica...Jessie for short. Now I would not change my name simply because I'm too lazy to go through all the steps and after being called different variations of my name over the past 40 years, I pretty much answer to anything.

No I like my name... Mindy - MindyLee

Last edited by a moderator:
No I would not, I like my name, Theresa, as I'm named after the little flower, Even though there is nothing little about me. I do have a nick name and everyone calls me Terry, or Mom, or Nana, since we are Southern alot of people put Miss in front. When I was the boss at work I was called Miss Terry. Love that term of endearment. Sometimes my hubby even calls me Miss Terry, love it!

I think I was meant to be Robin
default_smile.png

But hubby calls me Princess! Works for me!

I wouldn't change my name. Sherri doesn't seem to be a real common name.

I almost ended up a Vicky or Kimberly tho. When my folks went to name me they couldn't decide so they put all 3 names in my Dads (USAF) service cap and pulled one out! That's how I got my name. My Brother named his daughter Kimberly after who I would have been
default_smile.png

When I go home to visit, my Mom always calls me Kimberly , and Kim gets called Sherri for a while after.

Well, all growing up I thought Jayne was a horrible name and couldn't believe my mom would saddle me with such a thing. I guess there was a big disagreement over what name to name me (Jennifer? Stephanie?) that when my mom had a moment alone in the hospital she told them to just write down "Jane". At least someone stuck a Y in there (during the whole Jayne Mansfield era) to make it a bit more interesting. I am totally fine with Jayne now. I was born and grew up in the midwest where there are a lot more Jayne's/Jane's than here on the west coast. I rarely run into another one now.

My mother, however, absolutely expected me to be a boy, and the whole time I was en utero I was Charles Robert. To this day, 50 years later, my mom still calls me Charlie, except when I'm in trouble, of course, then out comes the Jayne Ellyn!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes my name is way to common and I got called butt-ly way to much!

i always wanted a more unique name growing up. I felt mine was boring and knowing it came from Little House On The Prairie, BARF. I think my mother had the hots for Micheal Landon.

I vowed one day I would have kids and give them cool names.....I think I followed through, Kennedy and Phoenix
default_smile.png

I loved Little House!!! LOL!!!

Yes, I do like my name - Elisabeth (with an s) as it's French.

Liz N.

When I was younger I wanted to change my name. Now Michelle has kind of grown on me although I don't really see myself as a Michelle.

In my young teens I pointed out to my parents that if you say my full name "Michelle Lynn" kinda fast it sounds like Michelin like the tire company. LOL

My parents call me Bubbles, name they dubbed me as a baby.. and My Brother calls me Bobby Joe, as kids we gave each other nicknames and even in our mid and late 20's we still call eachother Cletus and Bobby Joe. :)

I used to get quite frustrated because I had to always spell it out for everyone or pronounce it if they were reading it. But now I am just used to it. And with my last name it's even more challenging in the spelling department because they are sort of similair (sort of). It's Sherilyn (rhymes with Marilyn). I guess if I were to change it somehow I might make the pronounciation be Sheri-lyn (that's how I tell people to help them spell it) and I will anwer to Sheri or Sheryl (which I don't care for-no offense to the Sheryl's out there). But I don't really mind anymore. I understand (I think) that Cher's actual name is Cherilyn (or something close to it). That's kind of cool if it's true.

My name was changed this year to GRANDMA!!! It fits me perfectly and I love it!
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back