I would like your honest opinion...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horsefeathers

Reaction score
O.k. please understand... I am not after Ooos and ahhhs.... and I am not a poet. As many of you know, my aunt (who was like my mother, and was my singing partner for what seems like forever) passed away last October. She had a beautiful testimony... For the past few months and especially the past few weeks, I have been thinking a lot about her. She was always one to drop a letter to cheer you up, or to let you know everythings o.k. I know if she could, that she would send a letter to us to let us know how happy she is. The reason I wrote this is because maybe I needed to hear it, or something, but mostly because I want to give my grandmother (her mother) some comfort.

What I need to know is... is it appropriate. Especially to those who have lost children... I don't want my grandmother to be upset, but I wrote was was in my heart. Please let me know... See, I thought about framing it and giving it oto my grandmother, but if it would cause too much hurt, or upset her, I don't want to do it... Feel free to e-mail me or PM me if you'd rather...

Thanks everybody...

Chris

P.S.

Sorry it's so big, but I wanted you to be able to read it.

Letter_home.jpg

I think she will treasure it and feel so blessed that you did this for her. That was a very nice and thoughtful thing to do!!!

Christine --

That is beautiful and made me feel choked up, but in a good way. I think that it will be a comfort to your grandmother, and to your other family members as well. It is so touching and so beautiful.

Jill

That is really nice and thoughtful. Considering you said your aunt was one to drop a letter to make someone feel better I think this would be very fitting for your grandmother.

Amanda

Oh my goodness that is beautiful. I would like to believe that you were guided to write what was in your heart.

That brought tears to my eyes and I thought of my daddy gone these 3 yrs. Give it to her and wait for the hugs and tears. Truely lovely.

Thank you for your opinions everyone. You know, she passed in October, but I think (and my husband says) that I am just starting to deal with her death. It is a hard road to go down, as we were so close... she is the closest person short of my Grandfather, that I have ever lost. But with my grandfather, it was different... he had been ill for so long. With her, one day she was there, and the next morning, we got the call saying she had passed in her sleep... What a fantastic sight to wake up to... Heaven's splendor! Anyway, thank you again... OH, and if you want a copy, feel free copy it off of here, or e-mail me and I'll send it to you...
default_smile.png

Chris

My HONEST opinion is that I hope your words are true

I'd give it to her

If she believes in god, she will love it

Sometimes, I wish I never lost my faith. It's rather hard living such a bitter life.

:aktion033: What a beautiful poem! She will definitely love it! What a blessing! God will give you the words; just write them down.

God bless,

Joan

Latest posts

Back