I think my sisters horse is depressed.......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secret22

Reaction score
My sisters horse has been out of work for about 4 mnths due to a leg injury which has now healed. My sister has decided to leave her for another couple of mnths then bring her back in slowely. Altho I have noticed that the horse has lost the spark in er eye, she stands with a far off look when her and the other horses get let into the orchard to eat the deelish grass and she doesnt eat.

I was wondering if she could be depresed. Any ideas, opinions, help??????

Last edited by a moderator:
Its possible, best way to find out is saddle him up, go riding and see what happens. If he still acts depressed it may be something else. I was taken off horses for over a year, my ol man was truly depressed, he would stand either in his tacking spot or would stare at the saddle for hours. When I was able to ride again I thought he would literally explode from anticipation, never have seen such a happy boy
default_rolleyes.gif
: Just make sure there isnt anything else going on, worms, slight colic from new grass etc.

I have no idea what kind of injury we are talking about but your sister must know what she's doing.

Horses get depressed for any number of reasons but also because they can be sick or in pain.

undefinedJust make sure there isnt anything else going on, worms, slight colic from new grass etc.

Very good advice.

Latest posts

Back