I need some advice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. Unfortunately, airing it out here (even though you didn't name names) will probably make it worse since if she's on FB, she's probably here too. My advice is to always know who you are dealing with when getting involved in contracts and payments on horses. I was burned once when I allowed a horse to leave my farm on payments and won't allow that to happen again with the exception of people I know personally and have personal relationships with. Even that can get dicey.

You're already out $600, so you have to decided if the horses are worth the drama of the last $500 or not. Then chaulk it up to a learning experience.

First of all, I would like to saw. Relax and take a deep breath! Now let's keep in mind that this is a business transaction. You don't really know these people personally. They are not you friends. You are doing business with them. You need to keep that separate from your feelings.

Did you buy these mares for breeding? Did you buy them as pets? Do you have other horses. You are attached to the mares. Do you still want them? Would you have paid the same price if you knew what you know now?

The seller seems to be getting a little too personal about your life. If you are up to date on your payments, then it is none of her business what you are doing unless it will affect the health of the horses.

If she is concerned about the health of the horses that she is selling you then why would she not be honest about them?

Try to stay out of what is going on between her and the old owner.

It sounds like you only have about a month and half before they will be totaly paid off. Do not give her the last payment untill you have the foal in hand. Why have you not seen this foal? Is it going to be shipped to you? If you are picking it up you can take the balance with you.

Sometimes we end up doing business with people we don't care for. When that is the case we need to just stick with the facts. If you have concerns about this foal, then you need to go see it. Will the foal be safe at your house? Can you keep it away from that other mare? Do you still want the foal?

Are you planning to finish the contract and buy the horses? If so, I'd do it asap and forget about the trouble you've had, its not worth carrying around the hurt and pain.

About the mare who cannot get pregnant, sometimes they just can't - but we've had mares not conceive until later and it just happens when they ready for whatever reason.

I'm not sure why the seller is involved in your personal goings on, as long as you make your agreed upon payments on time there is nothing for her to comment on.

I'm sorry you are upset.
sad.gif
If you want the horses, try to get the deal done quick and move on.

Okay not to be nasty or anything.. In my state when you give someone a check you are saying it is good. Even if you post date a check.. Don't know the laws in Texas.. What she payed for the mares is one thing. She has all the rights to make money on it... I hate you are going through as I my self had to have an DNC done 8 years ago..In your contract does it say breeding stock if it does then I would pay them off and request my money back or a sound breeding mare.. Does the contract say that you can pick up the filly after she is off of her mother? if so then she is breaking the contract.. But if you push it she can say the same for you as you asked her to hold the check for 2 weeks.

best of luck.. Like I said I don't want to sound nasty or anything looking at it from both sides

Diane

I don't want the foal because of this drama. This lady doesn't own the mare of the filly and she lives somewhere else, and I haven't been able to go see her because of the seller.

Knowing that she's only paid 600 for those two mares, and my having to pay 2000. Yes I'm upset I had to pay that much. They were suppose to be breeding stock, but I like them enough to keep them.

I was fully up to date when I got my hair done, went to my grandparents, and got the stallion. I asked her to hold the check because I had to have a DNC and I was bleeding internally and my insurance didn't cover it. I had to pay half upfront. 1500 dollars, so I am tight with money
Try not to be upset that you paid more than she did. It happens to me all of the time. People want to make a profit on things. I try to get good deals and sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. That is just the way it is. Move on.

If you really don't want the foal, that may be an issue. Is it just because you are angry? Don't let your anger control you.

Take some time and think about what you want to do. Don't dwell on this. In a few months it won't matter any way.

I am still a little concerned about not seeing the foal though.

okay I did not say your checks was not good.. But in South Carolina If I hand you a check even if it posted dated in the laws eyes that check is good to clear..at any given time.. I am so sorry you are dealing with this

DIane

Take a deep breath is right. You just had a miscarrige and that is a very difficult thing so you must slow down for your own sanity, clear your head and rest.

Try not to look at the whole picture at once. Stop and put things into perspective: You can do a repro test on that mare when the time comes and find out for yourself. She just could need a flushing or a simple fix. Next, the foal killer thing: there is always circumstances and it could have been an accident.

As far as not having your nails done etc. Maybe what the person is trying to tell you is you spent money on "frills" when you owe her money and that didn't set right with her.

I'm sorry you are so overwhelemed right now. I hope things fall into place for you the way you want. Do take care of yourself.

Ok first of all you shouldn't be saying private dealings such as these on a public forum. The 2 may not see it but I have and I know both people who you are talking about and have already mentioned this topic to one.

If you were able to look up the foaling history on these mares you should have also noticed that NEATHER of these mares are National Champions, they are both National Top Ten's. Not only are you on here putting words in the sellers mouth, but you are putting them in the old owners mouth (btw the old owner only owned one mare not both) but you are now making stuff up on your own! You yourself have been falsly advertising these mares!! I know for a fact that the one mare in question does NOT have A/R papers as your last post started, the one mare is NOT a National Champion!

Want some advice do your homework before you make major purchases such as this. I think we have all been guilty, I know I have and have had some bad purchases in the past. You move on and learn from your mistakes.

Someone told me to take this off so I did.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is between you and the seller. This should not have been brought up on a public forum. The old owner does not deserve to be involved with this but yet you brought her up. On your last post you brought up this horse's registered name, you have took the old owners pics and you claim that this mare is a National Champion in the post you deleted and if you aren't certain that she is you shouldn't be saying it. The old owner still has her on her site because she is slow on updating it and no where in her ad is she even trying to sell her as a broodmare, nor does she mention she is a National Champion.

You are twisting your own words around and you don't realize it. Threating people won't help either in this situation.

This is between you and the seller. This should not have been brought up on a public forum. The old owner does not deserve to be involved with this but yet you brought her up. On your last post you brought up this horse's registered name, you have took the old owners pics and you claim that this mare is a National Champion in the post you deleted and if you aren't certain that she is you shouldn't be saying it. The old owner still has her on her site because she is slow on updating it and no where in her ad is she even trying to sell her as a broodmare, nor does she mention she is a National Champion.

You are twisting your own words around and you don't realize it. Threating people won't help either in this situation.
I'm not downing the old owner! She was truthful and honest! I didn't bring up the horses name at all, she is a national champion. Did I say grand or reserve, from what I was told top 3 or something? Like I said in the first post, the OLD OWNER SOLD HER TO THE SELLER AS A DRIVING HORSE. I was told by the seller she was a national champion. The old owner has done nothing wrong, nor told me anything false. That person is a true horse person. Leave it. You are bring her up and twisting my words. If it helps I will take the pictures off, but they are tagged, I didn't write the stuff on the bottom. I'm done with this so drop it, pics are off

I have been threaten, I'm not threating. I wanted vent and get peoples take on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I HAVE THE FILLY IN QUESTION,SHE IS NOT WEANED YET, AND WHEN SHE IS I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW. SHE IS A BLACK/WHITE WITH BLUE EYES.

Latest posts

Back