I have a new mini filly...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercysmom

Reaction score
Saoirse is home!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
(Too bad not all the other horses feel the same way...)

She rode home in the crew cab of my truck as my horse trailer was sold two weeks ago and I am waiting on a new stock trailer. There was nothing like a baby foal with milk breath nuzzling my shoulder and talking to me the whole way home.

She is settling in well despite just being weaned and oh how I love her baby smell! I forgot what having a mini foal was like...

More pics as I can get them today - I am not good at posting them and it looks like the format has changed...

Denise

Last edited by a moderator:
A 50 minute ride in the truck like she has done it all her life. I am having trouble posting pictures...
default_unsure.png
- the format has definitely changed as I cannot get on and it keeps saying flood control is on yet I only posted once...

Saoirse is little - I have lots of pics of her in the house and in the truck and am having trouble uploading to LilBeginnings and my FreeWebs space... she is doing great, though - full of energy, very curious and nothing seems to upset her.

I forgot how much fun baby foals are!

Denise

Congratulations Denise, you sound so happy. Enjoy your new baby. I am sure one of the herd will take her under their wing
default_biggrin.png

We MUST see photos!! Markadoodle left her email addy for you in an earler post. She offered to post them on here for you.

Saoirsecheckingoutthecarrot-1.jpg

Trying this link... and it seems to work!

I just had elbow surgery today (this AM) so excuse any typos...

Saoirse-1.jpg

And one more... taken a few days ago, before my surgery...

Saoirseinthehouse-1-1.jpg

She is settling in very well - Mercy is finally warming up to her - Freedom still makes faces at Saoirse but Saoirse is showing her confidence - she pinned her ears back and charged at Weatherly (my 15.2 Morgan filly) through the gate... and Weatherly backed up!

She always nickers at me and comes up to see what I am doing.

She should mature to 29" based on her cannon bone measurement... more pics when I can get back to the barn. Benn grumblingly did the barn for me so I could rest.

Denise

Adorable! And I'm giggling over her being in your kitchen. I keep threatening to do this but haven't so far. We have some steps that I'd have to train them to come up first.

But now that I think of it....might not be a bad idea!

Congrats!

She is adorable
default_wub.png
Thanks for putting the pics up . Glad to hear they are all getting used to each other
default_biggrin.png

Wingnut, alot of minis don't hesitate to go up steps.....you should try it
default_wink.png

Adorable! And I'm giggling over her being in your kitchen. I keep threatening to do this but haven't so far. We have some steps that I'd have to train them to come up first. But now that I think of it....might not be a bad idea!

Congrats!
Saoirse walked in like she owned the place... confident and curious. If we were going to stay inside longer I would have taped her feet - hooves don't do well on linoleum. She was careful so no slipping happened.

She got to see her first snow today - an inch of the white stuff fell last night and she was prancing through it and was tossing her head. My left arm is in a cast and Carter block pad from yesterday's elbow surgery so I could not do much with her.

Denise

Saoirse10-16-09-1.jpg

More pictures from today...

WeatherlyandSaoirse-1.jpg

WeatherlyandSaoirse2.jpg

Weatherly is becoming a better babysitter today.
default_biggrin.png

Denise

The best medicine ever is in my barn... I have had knee surgeries galore yet managed to get myself to the barn to just touch my horses and rabbits.

Denise

Hubby got to play with Saoirse this weekend - and he is NOT a horse person. She seems to like him - nudging him, following him... the first of my horses to do this.

Denise

Latest posts

Back