I got a new one!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minxiesmom

Reaction score
Country Rds Hughstons Rio Grande

3 yr old, 33" Silver Dapple Pinto Stallion.

I wasn't really looking for an under stallion, but when I saw the sale ad for him, I had to go look at him. The last year I showed Max in Pinto, they often put the stallions and geldings together in the same halter class, and Rio kept beating Max!
default_frusty.gif
I guess the answer to that is, if they beat you, buy them!
default_firstprize.gif

He has done very well around the NW in halter in the last two years and has been in driving training for the last six months. He has a ways to go in his training, but is well started. He is fearless going over trail obstacles. He has very nice manners, plus he is my favorite color!!!
default_wub.png
I know, I know...I am not supposed to buy color, but he is such eye candy to me!

Rio...

2010Rio.jpg

riodrive.jpg

Congratulations - love him! And so glad to see that people are actually buying the kind of horses we are trying to breed. Gee, and he is the same color as the mare we just bought.

He is very nice and I think I may be the breeder of his sire. Nobody but me would spell Houston as Hughston (after my husband Hugh). Is his sire WeeOkie's Reflections Hughston? Congratulations on a beautiful guy!!

He is very nice and I think I may be the breeder of his sire. Nobody but me would spell Houston as Hughston (after my husband Hugh). Is his sire WeeOkie's Reflections Hughston? Congratulations on a beautiful guy!!
Yes, Rita! He is by WeeOkie's Reflections Hughston. I had wondered about the spelling, now I know!
default_biggrin.png
Thanks to everyone for all the compliments. I am sure I will enjoy showing this guy.

Latest posts

Back