I figured I would offer everybody

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markadoodle

Reaction score
I know a lot of first time horse showers are out there and wonder what to bring to horse shows, I'm not sure where I got this list and I do not claim it to be mine, but it has worked wonders for me getting ready for shows, I've made a few changes to it over the different shows with additions of what I need and cross outs of what I don't need and it just seems to work for me, not saying you have to use it, but I figured I would offer it out to you all as a simple check list to get started for day show, I do have a over night show list to which is completely different, but again, this works very well for just a small, local show.
smile.gif

And question to some of you showers out there - what would you add to the list to make it better? What does you show list consist of?

Feed

Hay, Water, Buckets

Meds/First Aid Kit

Aspirin/Tylenol, Midol, Vet Wrap

HorseClothing

Sheet, Blanket, Slinkies, Flymasks

HandlerClothing

Hat, boots, Socks, show jacket, undershirt, game shirt, show pants, game pants, Jewelry, Driving outfit, game shoes

GroomingSupplies

Brushes, Mane comb/brush, Clean towels,Hoof pick, Hoof polish enhancer, Green spot remover, Highlighter/baby oil,Styling gel, Coat polish, Razor and shaving cream

Equipment

Halters and lead ropes, Show halter, lead,chain, Liberty stuff (shaker bottles or whips, CD) Broom, Stall picker, Mucktub

DrivingEquipment

Harness (clean and polished!), Cart (cleanand polished!), Whip,

Other

Class schedule, Copies of registrationpapers/lease papers, Numbers, Health papers/ Coggins, Pens/ pencils, Numberclips/ safety pins, Small mirror, CAMERA, Folding chairs, makeup

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great idea, can I add a few?

Haynet

Large umbrella

Fork and scoop ( incase they must be tied to the same spot)

Food for me (i.e sandwiches incase I am too busy to stop)

I can't wait to here everyone elses ideas

Please don't forget bathing supplies, shampoo, conditioner, wash rags, scrub brush and towels, sweat scaper, hose & nozzel. Also I like to take a large table for my tack room to hold supplies so you don't need to bend over. We also take our clippers and blades incase we need to touch up. I also take a coffee pot and coffee and cups. We also take stall curtains to put on the take room so we can change cloths, makeup and hair accesories. Take snacks just in case you get busy and can't stop working. Don't forget your show halters. Bait! I also like to set a table outside my tack stall with candy and business cards, maybe a few pictures of show horses. Some people go all out with furniture and such, but we've never been able to afford all that, but remember presentation is important. If i think of anything else I'll edit it in.I almost forgot, last time we were there there was a thief, so take a foot long chain with a lock for your tack room, and lock it every time you leave. They were stealing purses, money and show halters.

I have side numbers, so I include those.

SPARE TIRES for cart!

Air pump

Black electrical tape for emergency repairs.

Does wine coolers count?
default_biggrin.png

Does wine coolers count?

We usually take a cooler of beer, but the poster is a youth so I didn't add that part! Love to party after showing all day!

Oops - sorry - didn't realize it was a younger member posting.

NO ALCOHOL - NO ALCOHOL - NO ALCOHOL - pop only!
default_rolleyes.gif

Lol, the mentioning of alcohol doesn't bother me,I'm 16, actually closer to 17 - and in fact I laughed at the wine coolers addition, I do suppose it's a great way to celebrate after a long stressful day of showing. And I'm sure it's well deserved.
biggrin.gif

And yes, oopsies! I never wrote down spare tires, electrical tape or a pump, although they are brought. I guess it was just drilled into my brain with what was already said with 'cart'.
yes.gif

Please don't forget bathing supplies, shampoo, conditioner, wash rags, scrub brush and towels, sweat scaper, hose & nozzel. Also I like to take a large table for my tack room to hold supplies so you don't need to bend over. We also take our clippers and blades incase we need to touch up. I also take a coffee pot and coffee and cups. We also take stall curtains to put on the take room so we can change cloths, makeup and hair accesories. Take snacks just in case you get busy and can't stop working. Don't forget your show halters. Bait! I also like to set a table outside my tack stall with candy and business cards, maybe a few pictures of show horses. Some people go all out with furniture and such, but we've never been able to afford all that, but remember presentation is important. If i think of anything else I'll edit it in.I almost forgot, last time we were there there was a thief, so take a foot long chain with a lock for your tack room, and lock it every time you leave. They were stealing purses, money and show halters.
This is a very good point about wash supplies, I always bring them to my riding horses shows, over night shows, and fair shows. Also very good points about the table and curtains. I really like the table idea with business cards, show horse pictures, etc!!

Very scary about the theif part, sadly it has happened to my mother, I, and our friends too. So disappointing.

Ok, since we mostly do multi-day shows, I'd like to post ours. It has a lot of things (some that we maybe don't need) but that's what get's brought LOL
default_doh.gif

So sorry if its too long...

Horse Supplies

Halter & lead line

(plus a spare)

Longe line/longe whip

Sheet

Cooler

Blanket

Hay net

Equine first-aid kit

Horse treats

Halter Bait

Human Supplies

Sunscreen

Hat

Snacks & drinks

Folding chairs

Aspirin

Band Aids

Lint roller

Safety pins

Sewing kit

Camera & batteries

Cell phone & charger

Cover ups for grooming

Stable Supplies

Water buckets

Grain bucket

Bedding

Manure fork

Muck bucket

Crossties

Extension cord

Duct tape

Flashlight

Grooming

Brushes

braiding rubber bands

Scissors

Fly spray

Buckets

Shampoo/ Conditioner

Sponges

Towels/rags

Sweat scraper

Coat polish

Hoof Black

Clippers

Leather soap/conditioner

Silver polish

Trailer Supplies

Trailer jack

Trailer ties

Spare tire

Hay nets

Paperwork

GPS or maps

Class list

Rulebook

Membership cards

Horse registration

Coggins test

Health Certificate

<BR style="PAGE-BREAK-BEFORE: auto; mso-break-type: section-break" clear=all>□ Money/ID/checkbook

List of emergency numbers

Copy of tests or patterns

<B><BR style="PAGE-BREAK-BEFORE: auto; mso-break-type: section-break" clear=all></B>

Tack

Show halters (Arabian Style)

Quarter-Style Show Halters

Liberty Halters

Costume

Whip

<B><BR style="PAGE-BREAK-BEFORE: auto; mso-break-type: section-break" clear=all></B>

Clothing

Boots

Show pants

Slinky shirts

Tunic tops

Vest

English-style blazer

Showmanship jacket

<BR style="PAGE-BREAK-BEFORE: auto; mso-break-type: section-break" clear=all>□ Driving apron

<BR style="PAGE-BREAK-BEFORE: always; mso-break-type: section-break" clear=all>□ Driving dresses

Driving hat

Driving tops

Number pins

Gloves

Helmet

Cowgirl Hat

Hair net/hair pins

Belt

Back