"I AM METH"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mona

Reaction score
"I AM METH"

This was written by a young Indian girl who was in jail for drug

Charges, and was addicted to meth. She wrote this while in jail. As you will

Soon read, she fully grasped the horrors of the drug, as she tells in this

Simple, yet profound poem. She was released from jail, but true to her

Story, the drug owned her. They found her dead not long after, with the

Needle still in her arm. :no:

Please keep praying for our Children, Teens, Young adults. Understand,

This thing is worse than any of us realize...

My Name: "Is Meth"

I destroy homes, I tear families apart,

take your children, and that's just the start.

I'm more costly than diamonds, more precious than gold,

The sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.

If you need me, remember! I'm easily found,

I live all around you - in schools and in town.

I live with the rich; I live with the poor,

I live down the street, and maybe next door.

I'm made in a lab, but not like you think,

I can be made under the kitchen sink.

In your child's closet, and even in the woods,

If this scares you to death, well it certainly should.

I have many names, but there's one you know best,

I'm sure you've heard of me, my name is crystal meth.

My power is awesome; try me you'll see,

But if you do, you may never break free.

Just try me once and I might let you go,

But try me twice, and I'll own your soul.

When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie,

You do what you have to -- just to get high.

The crimes you'll commit for my narcotic charms

Will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms,

Your lungs your nose.

You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad,

When you see their tears, you should feel sad.

But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised,

I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.

I take kids from parents, and parents from kids,

I turn people from God, and separate friends.

I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride,

I'll be with you always -- right by your side.

You'll give up everything - your family, your home,

Your friends, your money, then you'll be alone.

I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give,

When I'm finished with you, you'll be lucky to live.

If you try me be warned - this is no game,

If given the chance, I'll drive you insane.

I'll ravish your body, I'll control your mind,

I'll own you completely, your soul will be mine.

The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed,

The voices you'll hear, from inside your head.

The sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see,

I want you to know, these are all gifts from me.

But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart,

That you are mine, and we shall not part.

You'll regret that you tried me, they always do,

But you came to me, not I to you.

You knew this is would happen, many times you were told,

But you challenged my power, and chose to be bold.

You could have said no, and just walked away,

If you could live that day over, now what would you say?

I'll be your master, you will be my slave,

I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave.

Now that you have met me, what will you do?

Will you try me or not? It's all up to you.

I can bring you more misery than words can tell,

Come take my hand, let me lead you to heck.

Thank you for sharing that. I am very thankful that I was raised in a enviroment where getting into drugs was very hard. My parents were always doing something with me and my brother. We were riding horses, working (getting paid for it), going to school. We always had something to occupy our time and keep us out of trouble. I am so very thankful for that right now, that is a very powerful poem, and from what I've heard it hits the nail on the head. I pray for the kids who have chosen that route and hope that someday they can break free.

So sad now adays, our children have so much to deal with, all we can do is educated them, and hope they listen.
default_frusty.gif
:

I had a good friend (died 2 yrs ago from cancer). :no: Her daughter was a bright, loving young lady that did well in school and went to church functions. Then she met a guy... All went down hill for her.
default_wacko.png
: She has spent more time in prison, I'm talking Federal Prison, than I care to think about. There was nothing anybody could tell her. :no: She got pregnant about 4 yrs ago and got off and stayed off the stuff through her pregnancy. I'm sure the fact that she was in jail helped. She did stay clean for awhile, a few months at best.

When my friend (her mother) died, the cancer had ravaged her body.
default_crybaby.gif
: Judy couldn't have weighed more than 75 lbs when she passed. I looked at her in her casket and never would have recognized her.
default_crybaby.gif
:

During the funeral my mother asked me,"if her daughter was there?" I pointed her out, standing next to her brother, and my mother audably gasped. She honestly looked older than her mother who had fought cancer for almost 2 yrs. Judys daughter was in her early 20's at the time. At graveside the daughter kept screaming, asking what she was going to do without her mother. Judy's son said many the same things. Yet I couldn't feel sorry for either of them.
default_unsure.png
:

You see, I had talked to my friend not 6 weeks before she died. Her children had been everything to her and at that time in her life she had given up on them.
default_giveup.gif
: They hadn't come around to help when she was going through Kemo or was in pain. The only time they came was for money.
default_torch.gif
: I just couldn't feel sorry for them. I felt very sorry for my friend and her husband who loved her more than life itself.

As a country song says,"I miss my friend."
default_bye-sad.gif
:

Robin

I had a good friend (died 2 yrs ago from cancer). :no: Her daughter was a bright, loving young lady that did well in school and went to church functions. Then she met a guy... All went down hill for her.
default_wacko.png
: She has spent more time in prison, I'm talking Federal Prison, than I care to think about. There was nothing anybody could tell her. :no: She got pregnant about 4 yrs ago and got off and stayed off the stuff through her pregnancy. I'm sure the fact that she was in jail helped. She did stay clean for awhile, a few months at best.

When my friend (her mother) died, the cancer had ravaged her body.
default_crybaby.gif
: Judy couldn't have weighed more than 75 lbs when she passed. I looked at her in her casket and never would have recognized her.
default_crybaby.gif
:

During the funeral my mother asked me,"if her daughter was there?" I pointed her out, standing next to her brother, and my mother audably gasped. She honestly looked older than her mother who had fought cancer for almost 2 yrs. Judys daughter was in her early 20's at the time. At graveside the daughter kept screaming, asking what she was going to do without her mother. Judy's son said many the same things. Yet I couldn't feel sorry for either of them.
default_unsure.png
:

You see, I had talked to my friend not 6 weeks before she died. Her children had been everything to her and at that time in her life she had given up on them.
default_giveup.gif
: They hadn't come around to help when she was going through Kemo or was in pain. The only time they came was for money.
default_torch.gif
: I just couldn't feel sorry for them. I felt very sorry for my friend and her husband who loved her more than life itself.

As a country song says,"I miss my friend."
default_bye-sad.gif
:

Robin

Awwww Robin, that is sooo sad. :no:

Thanks for posting that poem Mona. Unfortunately our county is rampant with Meth addicts. I work in the ER and see the effects all to often. It is soooooooo sad! I'm going to take the poem to work with me....I wish there was a way to post it so that all the people thinking about trying it could read it. The worse part is that people never think they will get addicted if they just try it a couple of times. I get the ones that tell me they're not addicted "only social users" so I asked when they last used and it's usually "yesterday". We get multiple cases of "spider bites" daily that are usually skin abcesses that pop up from meth use. They just start erupting in boils and of course it also make their teeth rot......not a pretty site! Now we have endemic MRSA in our area because these skin infections have become resistant to most antibiotics so we go to higher powered antibiotics and combinations.......what's going to happen when the organisms become resistant to these??? It's just a mess. Sorry to go off on this subject but sadly it really hits home in my community.

That is an interesting read.

I do know Meth is a big problem. For almost 3 Days last week, I was totally without phone and internet.

Why,, because some Meth Head dug up and stole the cables. Took the phone company almost three days to replace said cables. That is really sad.

Something needs to be done about it, though I have no idea how. Think Bush,, instead of making us tag all our animals and telling them when they cross the road with paper work everyday.

Should spend that money on the major Meth issue, for I see it as a much bigger problem.

Latest posts

Back