I am getting tired of people saying McCain is old

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basketmiss

Reaction score
Ok he could live another 20 years! He is a tough bird as he has actually went thru hard times and survived. Most of us have NO clue what he went thru and probably couldnt do it.

Do we know anyone who is 72 and plugging along? I sure do...

I think alot of people who dont like Palin (I do) think McCain will die and she will be in control.

McCain is a good example of someone who has stood the test of time and I am proud to say I am voting for him Tuesday!!

Amen to that!
default_smile.png
Couln't have said it better.

I have said this more than once on this forum in the last few weeks. I just can't figure out why so many think McCain is going to die the day after election. 72 IS NOT OLD in this day and age. You know any one of us could fall off our computer chairs at any moment from a heart attack (heaven forbid it should happen). And YES you young people too. Praying you should be so lucky and be in as great a shape as John McCain after all he has been through. Oh the exuberance of youth who think they will never get old. Time will tell. I used to think 40 was old.
default_wink.png
Oh silly me.
default_laugh.png

[SIZE=24pt]VOTE McCAIN/PALIN ON TUESDAY.[/SIZE]

Yet those same people are not stopping to think about, "what if something were to happen to Obama".......... Biden in the oval office. Seriously folks, to me THAT is scarey!
default_ohnoes.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not his age that has people worried so much has his history. The man has led a very very tough life and it shows. Guess people wouldnt be worried so much if he chose a running mate worthy of his replacement.

Age is only a number! How many of us could have kept up with his schedule on the campaign trail? He's planning 7 rallies tomorrow. They've all got to be totally exhausted but he keeps going in spite of the fact that some of you youngsters think he's so old. Someday those of you who don't already know it, will realize that along with age come such things as maturity, wisdom and experience. Three things I want in my President.

The older you get, the older old is.
default_wink.png

As far as his running mate is concerned - if something terrible were to happen - either running mate would have the same advisors that the President did. Good heavens this country isn't run by one person! They don't preside in a vacuum! We don't live in a monarchy!

It's anyone's opinion about what age is "old". I think 72 is old, and if I were 72 I would say I am old.

Being President takes it's toll on anyone who's been elected and I think with someone who is at that age where people start to deteriorate more rapidly makes it even harder. I would like to see someone younger, spiritied, fresh with modern thinking and ideas, and not the "dinosaur" club way of thinking or what I call "the good 'ol boys club".

Last edited:
I agree it would be good to see someone uinder 72 in office but ONLY IF he had enough experience to lead our country. Since our choice is between age 72 and a man who has never held a leadership position I'll take 72 any day.

I agree it would be good to see someone uinder 72 in office but ONLY IF he had enough experience to lead our country. Since our choice is between age 72 and a man who has never held a leadership position I'll take 72 any day.
Are you kidding ???? Bush had experience and look what a mess our country is in !! Obama will be a fine President
default_thumbup.gif

Last edited:
default_laugh.png
How many of you 35 yr olds feel like you can't make it through the week during mare-stare???
default_wacko.png

I have to say the he had more spunk and less rings under his eyes in the televised rally this morning that I did!!

Age is relative, people. If you have taken care of yourself, stretch & exercise to stay healthy, don't smoke, eat correctly and use good nutritional choices, you will function quite well. You CAN die of a heart attack in your 30's!!! You CAN run a marathon at 75!!!

I'm 62, going on 40.....
default_laugh.png
Wanna race??
default_laugh.png

Beside that -- don't you realize that WE THE PEOPLE provide the BEST medical care in the world for these elected government officials???

Ummmm Let's see......I don't like Busch.....Busch had experience......Experience must therefore be bad.....so I'm voting with someone with NO experience. Got it.....makes perfectly good sense.
default_new_rofl.gif

I don't think McCain is old at all.. you want to talk old..

My Great Grand Father was not old although he looked old. He was 105 when he died. But not because he was old. He fought in WW1 and then he ran a farm and had cattle and all sorts of animals and cared for them everyday no matter if there was a blizzard or heavy rains or the heat of summer, he was out there day and night taking care of all the animals he loved so much.

His Children thought it best to take the farm away from him as they thought he was to old to be doing all that work. The farm was sold and he was tossed like trash into an old folks home. 5 months later he died. But not of old age, but from a broken heart and not being able to care for all his animals like he had for so many years.

John McCain is rather a youngster compare to my Great Grand father. You can't say when death will come. It can be a newborn baby, or an over 100 year old person. As far as I am concerned, Death has no age limit. It comes when it comes, so live for today as there might be no tomorrow.

Ummmm Let's see......I don't like Busch.....Busch had experience......Experience must therefore be bad.....so I'm voting with someone with NO experience. Got it.....makes perfectly good sense.
default_new_rofl.gif
Appy, I'm not sure who you're talking about. The man I'm voting for has 10 years experience in office, was editor for the Harvard Law Review, studied political science, international relations, taught U.S. Constitutional Law at a respected university, spent a few years as a community organizer, and worked for a civil rights firm.

So I'm not sure who the inexperienced candidate you're talking about is.

QUOTE (Bassett @ Nov 2 2008, 12:27 PM) QUOTE Are you kidding ???? Bush had experience and look what a mess our country is in !!

He didn't do it alone.
default_wacko.png

You're right, he had Cheney and Condi and Rove and poor ol Powell who jumped ship fast. His 'advisors' didnt do such a great job.

And Pelosi, Dodd, Barney Frank, Harry Reid, Need I go on? They all had a part in it. Don't for one minute think ONE person can do it all. Do you really think either candidate is going to pull off EVERYTHING they are saying? I don't think so. Try getting your head out of the sand. It takes two to tango and there had been a lot of dancing and side skirting issues in the White House for many years. That will NEVER change. I'm simply going by what I THINK will be best for me and my family and for their future. And that is the Republicans.

[SIZE=24pt]McCain/Palin. Vote Tuesday.[/SIZE]

It's not his age, it's that his mind is slipping. Sometimes during a speech he's bumbling around with words and can not get them straight, look at that debate, the 2nd one I think it was, he was wondering around the stage, like he didn't know where he was. I am sure that his mind is not what it was at 60, from myself and all the older (over 60-65) people I know, the mind is not as sharp, even they admit it. Like forget more often where you put things, etc. But I'm almost sure that the little Republican troop on here over 60 is just as sharp as ever.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back