Huntsville, AL & surrounding area

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbie

Reaction score
Any input on Huntsville, AL or the surrounding area would be greatly appreciated.

My husband interviewed for a job near there and it looks like the area around Huntsville might be our new home rather than SE Tennessee. I'm looking for any information about that area that I can get.

Are there any mini people or shows in the vicinity? I sure hope so. Where are the closest shows? I'm really not familiar with the area as far as minis go - used to show Persian cats in Birmingham every year, but that doesn't help with our little horses.

Guess I'm trying to find out if I want to live there - I've done some research as far as buying a home on small acreage and that looks good, but am nervous as I have no knowledge of the area and don't know anyone.

Help me out if you can.

Thanks,

Barbie

No fair Barbie! We've been waiting here for you for two years!
default_yes.gif

Moving???? I don't envy you one litlle bit! When we moved from Ft. Lauderdale to Okla. in 2001 (1554.6 miles) with two full size horses, a 24 ft. U-haul and towing Art's 4x4...I said NEVER again! Took us 37 driving hours to get here! Good luck and have fun on this new adventure...Sorry Marty :{

Theresa

Well, yesterday Dave met with the Sales Manager, today he is on his way over to meet with the builder. Definitely not my first choice of places to live, but we have to do what we have to do. He did tell me that it's pretty over towards Huntsville.

Marty- my dream is to live in southeast TN. It may still happen if Dave decides against this job. Actually a lot of the houses with property I have found at realtor.com are in Tennessee, just a different part of TN. Time will tell.

Teresa- I can't wait to move. I know it will be a tough time, but right now, Dave is living in TN and I'm living here. Can't wait for Thanksgiving so we'll have a few days together. I'm stuck here until we sell our house, so who knows how long it will be before I'm packing like crazy to move my 4 little horses and myself.

Some day......

Barbie

Latest posts

Back